Morse Mountain to Seawall Beach

Morse Mountain to Seawall Beach is a 3.8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Phippsburg, Maine that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until October.

beach

Beautiful summit view of the ocean and the beach is an absolute gem. The “trail” is just a road fluctuating between dirt & pavement. The terrain is easy, the incline is a good workout, especially since it’s out & back so you have to climb the mountain twice. I’ll be back

Great walk! Leads right to an amazing beach!

family favorite

An unseasonable warm December day for an amazing hike with great photo opportunities. Highly recommended!

Amazing hike on a Nature Conservancy property. The hike inlcuded woods, a salt marsh, and spectacularly secluded beach. I met an Ornithologist and we identified and counted migratory birds. He taught me a lot about gulls and seals too. What a fantastic experience! I recommend this hidden gem for all.

An easy mountain to conquer on your way to the gorgeous view of Sewall Beach! Bring your bugspray or be prepared to feed bugs in some spots. Loved the mossy woods on the way in ~ reminds me of a great staging for fairy land. Plenty of rocks on the beach for kids to climb. Sadly, no bathrooms at either end of the trail. One of my favorite local hidden treasures!

Gorgeous here!

Great photography ops! Love this trail.

We love it!

Excellent trail. Definitely not easy as listed. Very steep hills but so worth it when you get to the beach. Just amazing!!! But bring bug spray!!!!!

A really nice, easy hike rewarded by a beautiful beach with fantastic waves. Glad I read previous reviews about both bringing bug spray AND arriving before 10 for parking. We arrived at 10:02 and got one of the last spots. As we were starting our hike cars were already being turned away. -- Also note there are no bathroom or changing facilities at trailhead or beach.

Short hike to beautiful beach on a gravel road.

Nice easy hike with the kids. The beach was huge and very pretty. The kids had a great time looking for shells in the surf. They found over a dozen sand dollars. The greenheads and mosquitoes were out of control, so bug spray really is a must.

Easygoing packed gravel out-and-back road/trail through shady pine woods that leads to a pristine ocean beach. Small detour from trail offers lovely high altitude vista of salt marshes and river in the distance. There is a bit of a hill 1/2 mile long going out and returning. No bathroom facilities available. Parking is limited and active Conservancy volunteer will turn you away to avoid overcrowding of cars. We went in late July (high summer season) and were turned away briefly- just drove down road, u-turned and returned, and a carload of hikers or two had left, so we got a spot.

Always a good time.
Easy hike - incredible beach - never crowded.

Very nice easy hike with a spectacular ocean view.

This mostly gravel and paved trail is a fun 1/4 day hike. Be sure to bring bug repellent or long sleeves. There can be mosquitoes some days, notably at the beginning of the trail. Seawall Beach at the end, during low tide, is amazing and expansive. That's why my map looks like I'm walking in the ocean.

Pro tip: plan on arriving before 10am if you want to be able to guarantee a place to park and enter. Once the lot is full, the park attendant will have to ask you to leave and come back later or on another day to try your luck. I think the lot holds 20-30 cars at most. If you meet Don, he's like a young Jack Nicholson.

A gorgeous combination of summit to shore. Easy hike. Manageable even for those who are visiting and not in the best shape. First hiked it on May 29, 1994.

Saturday, April 22, 2017

If you're looking for a quick 1/4 day hike it is great! Little disappointing that you cannot get to the true summit or Morse Mountain secondary to private homes but still a good view and private beach to descend to.

Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Employee at the parking lot turned us away, extremely rude, saying that the lot was full, and then I happened to overhear him saying to the car behind us that he saw a spot that he could squeeze them into.

Saturday, October 22, 2016

Easy, nice hike on a dirt road that lets out on a stunning sandy beach. Definitely take the time to do the view point!

Wednesday, October 05, 2016

Wonderful hike. Great for kids too.

Friday, August 19, 2016

Easy walking clear gravel road right to a beautiful secluded beach!

Thursday, July 21, 2016

love this place

Friday, May 13, 2016

The trail is partially paved, very easy to navigate. I hike it with my 3 children (9,6, 1.5) my youngest is on my back. Two big inclines (each way) make for a good work out. Lots of places to climb and explore on the way to the beach and the summit! We love the beach, no where to go to the bathroom though if you can't stand up and pee!

Thursday, April 21, 2016

Saturday, April 16, 2016

The trail is easy but the length may limit some people - especially small children. The beach at the end of the trail has entirely different looks depending on the tide. When there at low tide you can walk way out in the bay and get a unique perspective. It can be very busy. That is the main reason for only 3 stars from me.

Friday, April 01, 2016

Beautiful trail that we take our boys (3, 6 and 7 years) on. A little much for our 3 year old, but we love the beach at the end of the trail. Very rewarding!

Sunday, November 01, 2015

This hike offers so much variety. Over the course of a few miles, you hike across a salt marsh, along large rock ledges, through conifers, up over a small mountain (which you can optionally bypass). From this open vantage point you can look down to the saltmarsh you crossed, out to open ocean. On a clear day you see the White Mountains. The beach itself feels almost like it is your own. Think about it, with a 40 car maximum, you're sharing a pretty large beach with maybe 80 people on a peak summer day. Other times I've been there and seen maybe a dozen people. Plus, because of the effort to get there, people aren't set up with tons of gear. I suspect the people you see are outdoorsy and environmentally conscious people who care about this preserve. If you love the beach, but not so much the crowds, noise and hubbub, this is an amazing spot!

Sunday, August 23, 2015

Love this hike. It's overall an easy hike with a few steeper inclines. The trail itself is predominantly a rough tarred road with some hard packed dirt sections. The overlook at the summit is beautiful on a clear day as you view marsh tributaries down to the ocean. The beach at the end can be walked all the way to Popham Beach but beware of high tide as it can cut you off from a return. The main trail also can be overrun when the tide comes in though it can still be passed. Best to check the tide schedule before the trip. The parking lot holds about 30-40 cars. They will turn you away on busy days. The attendant on Friday said he turned at least 80 cars away the prior Sunday so plan to arrive early on nice summer days. Excellent easy trail for a family. No pets and no facilities so carry in/carry out.