Morse Mountain to Seawall Beach

Morse Mountain to Seawall Beach is a 3.8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Phippsburg, Maine that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until October.

beach

family favorite

An unseasonable warm December day for an amazing hike with great photo opportunities. Highly recommended!

Amazing hike on a Nature Conservancy property. The hike inlcuded woods, a salt marsh, and spectacularly secluded beach. I met an Ornithologist and we identified and counted migratory birds. He taught me a lot about gulls and seals too. What a fantastic experience! I recommend this hidden gem for all.

An easy mountain to conquer on your way to the gorgeous view of Sewall Beach! Bring your bugspray or be prepared to feed bugs in some spots. Loved the mossy woods on the way in ~ reminds me of a great staging for fairy land. Plenty of rocks on the beach for kids to climb. Sadly, no bathrooms at either end of the trail. One of my favorite local hidden treasures!

Gorgeous here!

Great photography ops! Love this trail.

We love it!

Excellent trail. Definitely not easy as listed. Very steep hills but so worth it when you get to the beach. Just amazing!!! But bring bug spray!!!!!

A really nice, easy hike rewarded by a beautiful beach with fantastic waves. Glad I read previous reviews about both bringing bug spray AND arriving before 10 for parking. We arrived at 10:02 and got one of the last spots. As we were starting our hike cars were already being turned away. -- Also note there are no bathroom or changing facilities at trailhead or beach.

Short hike to beautiful beach on a gravel road.

Nice easy hike with the kids. The beach was huge and very pretty. The kids had a great time looking for shells in the surf. They found over a dozen sand dollars. The greenheads and mosquitoes were out of control, so bug spray really is a must.

Easygoing packed gravel out-and-back road/trail through shady pine woods that leads to a pristine ocean beach. Small detour from trail offers lovely high altitude vista of salt marshes and river in the distance. There is a bit of a hill 1/2 mile long going out and returning. No bathroom facilities available. Parking is limited and active Conservancy volunteer will turn you away to avoid overcrowding of cars. We went in late July (high summer season) and were turned away briefly- just drove down road, u-turned and returned, and a carload of hikers or two had left, so we got a spot.

Always a good time.
Easy hike - incredible beach - never crowded.

Very nice easy hike with a spectacular ocean view.

This mostly gravel and paved trail is a fun 1/4 day hike. Be sure to bring bug repellent or long sleeves. There can be mosquitoes some days, notably at the beginning of the trail. Seawall Beach at the end, during low tide, is amazing and expansive. That's why my map looks like I'm walking in the ocean.

Pro tip: plan on arriving before 10am if you want to be able to guarantee a place to park and enter. Once the lot is full, the park attendant will have to ask you to leave and come back later or on another day to try your luck. I think the lot holds 20-30 cars at most. If you meet Don, he's like a young Jack Nicholson.

A gorgeous combination of summit to shore. Easy hike. Manageable even for those who are visiting and not in the best shape. First hiked it on May 29, 1994.

If you're looking for a quick 1/4 day hike it is great! Little disappointing that you cannot get to the true summit or Morse Mountain secondary to private homes but still a good view and private beach to descend to.

Employee at the parking lot turned us away, extremely rude, saying that the lot was full, and then I happened to overhear him saying to the car behind us that he saw a spot that he could squeeze them into.

Saturday, October 22, 2016

Easy, nice hike on a dirt road that lets out on a stunning sandy beach. Definitely take the time to do the view point!

Wednesday, October 05, 2016

Wonderful hike. Great for kids too.