Mast Landing

Mast Landing is a 1.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Freeport, Maine that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and birding and is accessible year-round.

Pretty nice trail. Non-technical, well maintained (many trees had been cut back, grass mowed, mostly pine straws). Very easy to access by foot from Freeport. No obvious map(s) was a drawback.

Apparently the parking lot also works for early Monday AM, pre-work, back-of-the-truck hookups as we’ll since I bore witness to such a hookup.

Trails looked like they haven't been maintained in years and half of the trails were blocked due to blowdowns. Pretty bummed. Also no trail map to be found.

Don't forget the bug spray!

Well marked trail through the woods, at this point the trail is covered with down trees from the wind storm. Many areas you have to climb up and over debris or leave trail to get around giant trees. The kids loved the challenge and want to go back.

Monday, January 02, 2017

A nice 2 mile trail. Some incline makes for a nice workout early in the snowshoe season.

Sunday, February 07, 2016

Very nice snowshoe. Tons of deer tracks!

Tuesday, January 08, 2013

I loved the trails , went snowshoeing here and the trails were challenging enough where I had a workout . I'm mot one to stay on the trails , even though I did get lost a bit I hound my way back.

Monday, May 07, 2012

wet, easy hike... good for kids

Sunday, May 06, 2012

Hiked Mast Landing today, it's nice little walk, although trails weren't very groomed...had to question our navigation a bit, but we made it! Birds were abundant, nice greenery and blooms popping out. All in all a nice hike through the woods on this beautiful Maine day!

Sunday, September 05, 2010

It was an OK trail. Short, though. There weren't a lot of maps where they tell you to park, so it took us getting lost to find a map. We did several different trails and it only took about 45 minutes.

Tuesday, August 01, 2017