Ledges Trail to Pleasant Mountain

Ledges Trail to Pleasant Mountain is a 3.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near East Denmark, Maine that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This blue-blazed trail, provides access from Mountain Road to the primary summit of Pleasant Mountain offering scenic overlooks along the way. Elevation gain is 1,600 feet and the parking area is adjacent to fire lane 54.

fantastic hike! would definitely agree with the moderate rating but i feel like it could be done by a beginner if you just take your time and breaks. steady incline most of the trail but there are a few overlooks along the way that offer amazing views and are perfect to have a snack and take it all in! there was a porcupine on the trail so we kept our dog leashed as a precaution. breathtaking views from the top. happy trails!

ok, I'm biased because today was just an all around beautiful day, but this place was great. First hike of the season, and I'm not in shape, so it was rough cus it's steep. Lots of rock stairs. But there are a few amazing view spots along the way to keep you moving. The top was just everything! I highly suggest this hike and I will def be doing it again:) enjoy!!

Plenty of challenge for us 60-something’s. Phenomenal views from the ledges to Moose & Woods Ponds. Trail is well marked, well-maintained, & rates a solid “Moderate.”

Did this with my daughter and her little friend, both are 8. It is a pretty steady ascent, but not to the point where it is super challenging at any point. A couple of very little scrambles here and there but not at all difficult. Great views, and a good workout, without feeling like you overdid it. Will come back with my wife and do it again.

I loved that this was not so steep going up. Just challenging enough for a great workout. Up this trail down Bald Peak trail. The view was so pretty. Really windy at the top. Will be back.

I would consider this hike easy/moderate. Trails are well maintained, and well marked.

Great short hike with a nice view at the top. The elevation gain was gradual which made it just challenging enough, but not too hard. Definitely worth your time, but be aware the parking lot is a little small so there's a chance you may not find a spot.

Really great hike for day trippers. The end was moderate-difficult but nice views from the leak.

Excellent. A real hike... great view

love it! been hiking it forever. great for kids like over 5 or 6. not too difficult but not too easy. amazing views also

Excellent hike- fairly moderate on the way up. A few deceivingly steep rock faced sections. A newer little parking area with ample room along Mountain rd. The view, especially on a clear day, is well worth the hike. Highly recommend for a day hike- experienced hikers can be up in down in a little over two and a half hours or so.

Solid workout in the heat. Great views- not 360

Did the trail solo today. Good workout. I continued along Bald Peak trail back to Mountain Rd. The section from the summit along Bald Peak trail was fairly easy. It wouldn't be in the opposite direction. The 1.4 mile stroll from the Bald Peak parking area to the Ledges parking area was nice but traffic was a bit fast on that road.

Took my 2 teens on this trail today. they had a hard time in some spots because at times it does get a bit steep but we made it to the top and it was well worth the hike. definitely a hike i would recommend. it has a well defined trail, which is also marked with blue markers and in some spots there are stairs made out of rocks which was pretty cool to see.

Incredible views. Solid workout. Would definitely do again.

My first hike in the Mountains. I'm from Michigan till I moved here 2yrs ago. I loved it all. I'm 62 and took my time. I'm definitely coming back.

tough first hike of the season great leg burner!

Really enjoyed this hike- popular area- but I did go on memorial weekend- a lot people not keeping their dogs on leashes which makes it hard for someone like me whose puppy* is on a leash - struggled because of this especially going downhill. Def took some breaks going up but going down was a breeze minus the dog issues. Beautiful view

I've been hiking this trail for over 30 years, it is still one of my favorites!

Did this hike with snow and ice on the ground but the trail was well packed down. I wore ice cleats and I’m glad I did as there were several steep sections where it was slick ice. There were some steep inclines where I felt very winded but overall a moderate hike. Well marked trails and gorgeous views at the ledges.

I've done this one twice. In the fall it's absolutely gorgeous. Plenty of beautiful overlooks and we'll marked trails. I highly recommend it!

Great hike! Easy to locate with the app’s GPS, parking lot located across the street from the trail. Well marked trail with beautiful views!

Terrific trail. A 2000’ one. Easy and good warmup for the big ones.

Sunday, October 15, 2017

Beautiful! One of my favorites!

Tuesday, October 03, 2017

Very fun hike. Some great steep sections. Hiked/Ran up, ran down. Great views of white mountains and lakes region.

Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Well maintained trail with switch-backs through the woods in the lower half and scenic vistas at the midpoint. Well-behaved dogs are welcomed.

Tuesday, August 22, 2017

childhood favorite

Monday, August 07, 2017

Tough hike, but I love a good challenge! The view at the top made it all worth it.

Sunday, August 06, 2017

Nice hike, pretty strenuous in places. The trail was well-maintained and well-marked. Great views from 2 ledges and the summit, I wish it had been sunny for my hike. Oh, and most importantly, absolutely no bugs on August 5th!