Ledges Trail to Pleasant Mountain

Ledges Trail to Pleasant Mountain is a 3.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near East Denmark, Maine that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This blue-blazed trail, provides access from Mountain Road to the primary summit of Pleasant Mountain offering scenic overlooks along the way. Elevation gain is 1,600 feet and the parking area is adjacent to fire lane 54.

Did the trail solo today. Good workout. I continued along Bald Peak trail back to Mountain Rd. The section from the summit along Bald Peak trail was fairly easy. It wouldn't be in the opposite direction. The 1.4 mile stroll from the Bald Peak parking area to the Ledges parking area was nice but traffic was a bit fast on that road.

Took my 2 teens on this trail today. they had a hard time in some spots because at times it does get a bit steep but we made it to the top and it was well worth the hike. definitely a hike i would recommend. it has a well defined trail, which is also marked with blue markers and in some spots there are stairs made out of rocks which was pretty cool to see.

Incredible views. Solid workout. Would definitely do again.

My first hike in the Mountains. I'm from Michigan till I moved here 2yrs ago. I loved it all. I'm 62 and took my time. I'm definitely coming back.

tough first hike of the season great leg burner!

Really enjoyed this hike- popular area- but I did go on memorial weekend- a lot people not keeping their dogs on leashes which makes it hard for someone like me whose puppy* is on a leash - struggled because of this especially going downhill. Def took some breaks going up but going down was a breeze minus the dog issues. Beautiful view

I've been hiking this trail for over 30 years, it is still one of my favorites!

Did this hike with snow and ice on the ground but the trail was well packed down. I wore ice cleats and I’m glad I did as there were several steep sections where it was slick ice. There were some steep inclines where I felt very winded but overall a moderate hike. Well marked trails and gorgeous views at the ledges.

I've done this one twice. In the fall it's absolutely gorgeous. Plenty of beautiful overlooks and we'll marked trails. I highly recommend it!

Great hike! Easy to locate with the app’s GPS, parking lot located across the street from the trail. Well marked trail with beautiful views!

Terrific trail. A 2000’ one. Easy and good warmup for the big ones.

Beautiful! One of my favorites!

Very fun hike. Some great steep sections. Hiked/Ran up, ran down. Great views of white mountains and lakes region.

Well maintained trail with switch-backs through the woods in the lower half and scenic vistas at the midpoint. Well-behaved dogs are welcomed.

childhood favorite

Tough hike, but I love a good challenge! The view at the top made it all worth it.

Nice hike, pretty strenuous in places. The trail was well-maintained and well-marked. Great views from 2 ledges and the summit, I wish it had been sunny for my hike. Oh, and most importantly, absolutely no bugs on August 5th!

Took the ledges trail up and down. Trail can be a bit bogged down with dead leafs which can make it slippery on the way down. Definitely a workout but not outrageous, never gets too steep without adequate footing. There's a summit 1 mile in that has gorgeous views, so does the very top. Got really buggy at the top and if it's foggy you can't see very far from the top.

This was my third time up here this year, but my first via the ledges trail.
It's the quickest, most direct route to the top, but also the most traveled route I believe.
Nice views once you get to the ledges, and plenty of blueberries everywhere.
I decided to make a loop out of it and took Bald Peak to the north ledge to Sue's Way and down Bald Peak. Had to walk back to the Ledges parking lot up Mountain Rd., but that wasn't so bad.
Always an enjoyable time walking up along that ridge.

It was cloudy and foggy, but good views on the way up. I chatted with a few Black-Eyed Juncos while eating lunch at the top.

Nice hike with good views on the way to the summit. Lots of blueberries too!

Great, well marked trail. Definitely challenging at times (especially the last bit to the summit) but stopping at the lovely overlook about a mile into the hike helps!

Good workout with beautiful views.

Friday, June 16, 2017

Great trail, well maintained . Good views all the way up.

Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Very buggy. View was nice. Great workout and hike.

Sunday, May 28, 2017

Great hike, lots of bugs. Great view!

Sunday, May 28, 2017

Great hike, lots of bugs. Great view!

Monday, November 28, 2016

This was a nice steady climb to the top with views halfway up right through to the top. Ledges were bare with some ice in places. The trail is well traveled and well marked with blue trail markers.