Knox Mountain

Knox Mountain is a 2.1 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Newfield, Maine that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Great trail to transition between easy and moderate hikes. Its a shorter trail with not too many super steep areas. It’s a smoother incline for the most part. Picture perfect view from the top :)

We did this one in the fall as well, and it really is more easy than moderate. Snowshoes weren’t really necessary, because it is a snowmobile trail, and nicely packed. A couple of snowmobiles went by as we hiked, we simply stepped to the side and let them pass. I personally did not feel this took away from the hike in anyway. It is nearly mid March so the snow was on the softer side. I would recommend crampons, or any sort of traction device for the push up near the summit, it is not steep really, but still for safety, a good idea.

Took about 45 minutes to do! Short and sweet walk with decent views at the top. Very easy trail.

Nice, but people hunt here.

Following GPS was able to see trail sign near the woods. Beautiful fall colored, near panoramic views at top, followed by a nice sunset. No complaints.

what a freaking view! beautiful hike up and clear where the trail is...got amazing pics...

Great trail run! My 12 year old dog loved it. Well maintained and marked. Nice views too.

After being bummed out by Bond Mountain a friend and I decided to drive 5 minutes down the road to hike Knox Mountain. The trails were already much better; clearly following a snowmobile trail and not as rocky and UNEVEN. There are a couple parts that have a lot of routes so watch your step. We FINALLY made it to the top. Okay views. Defiently moderate. We were dead by the time we reached the top with my dog (her first 2 mountains she's hiked with us).

Wonderful views. Pretty steep for small mountain. Good quick hike. My three-year-old made it to the top.

Dog Friendly :)

Pretty easy, trail is very rutty which is too bad.

nice little trail. Perfect for small children.

Great trail!

Great little hike close to home ,good for the whole family.

Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Crushed this hill. Nice views but it's a walk in the woods and not a hike.

Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Quick little hike. Easy going. Good 360 views at the summit.

Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Great trail for a morning hiking with my dogs yesterday. Went up and back in under an hour. Still some ice and snow making it a little slippery especially on the way down. Will definitely do again!

Monday, April 10, 2017

Hiked with my three kids no mushrooms grow here seems as if it was logged100 years ago

Monday, April 10, 2017

Wish they didn't log through the center of the trail.