Jordan Pond West Side Trail

Jordan Pond West Side Trail is a 3.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Mount Desert, Maine that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 3.3 miles Elevation Gain: 49 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Acadia National Park P.O. Box 177 Bar Harbor, ME 04609-0177 Phone: 207-288-3338 Shipping Address Acadia National Park 20 McFarland Hill Drive Bar Harbor ME 04609-0177 More information: http://www.nps.gov/acad/contacts.htm

Great trail. Brock had a blast and we had a 3 year old sidekick who did this trail easily! Great view all the way around

Trail has a detour due to maintenance. Other than that easy walk with beautiful views!

We didn't have time to do the full loop, but we took the west side heading back from Deer Brook Bridge. The views of the pond are great. There are bridges and wooden walkways, though right now they're replacing some of the walkways, so beware of that. They clearly mark the detours, but when we went, we had to go through some really muddy sections. I liked that it wasn't just flat land the whole way around. There were a couple places where we had to walk along the rocks, so it added a little challenge. Keep your eyes peeled for wildlife. We saw tadpoles, squirrels, and loons. Also FYI, when we arrived back at the trailhead, we were trying to get information from the gift shop workers, and they knew so little, it was like they didn't even work there. Very strange for such a popular trailhead. So make sure when you do go, you have all the info you need to get around.

recorded Jordan Pond Full Loop Trail

Great hike today, awesome views! There was a little detour filled with tree tours but it’s for trail updates! The boardwalk is cool as well!!

im with others this was super easy. about 5 min over rocks [reasonable] but the rest flat.

Fri Aug 10 2018

One of my favorite all time trail. The scenery is absolutely breathtaking and my son loves watching all the little school of fishes and frogs. The scenery from Jordan Pond is the most spectacular of any scenery in Acadia National Park I think. The water look so clear and pristine. I only wish I have a kayak to take out into the pond. The Jordan House visitor center is located a little too far out from the pond to get a really good panoramic view. But from the second floor observation it is still pretty out of this world. I love all those rocks that jet out of the shores but some of them are loosey goosy so watch your step. Last Wednesday was my 5th trip to Acadia and I have done this trail on everyone of my visits. I would rate this higher than the Mount Cadillac summit loop.

Thu Sep 21 2017

Did the west side of Jordan pond and connected to the deer brook trail which led to a beautiful old bridge. Came back along he carriage road as the hike along the pond was not very special.

Sun Aug 21 2016

It has nice views of the pond and mountains but I was looking down most of the time since the walk is primarily on an uneven boardwalk.

Sun Aug 14 2016

It's just a nice walk along a narrow boardwalk on the side of the pond

Tue Aug 09 2016

A good trail, kind of monotonous but shady.

Sat May 12 2012

Great trail which is easy for both adults and kids. Some areas are rocky and when wet can be slippery. Bring money and visit the Jordan Pond restaurant for pop overs and ice tea. Great way to finish off a great hike!