Jordan Pond West Side Trail

Jordan Pond West Side Trail is a 3.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Mt Desert, Maine that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Acadia National Park P.O. Box 177 Bar Harbor, ME 04609-0177 Phone: 207-288-3338 Shipping Address Acadia National Park 20 McFarland Hill Drive Bar Harbor ME 04609-0177 More information: http://www.nps.gov/acad/contacts.htm

One of my favorite all time trail. The scenery is absolutely breathtaking and my son loves watching all the little school of fishes and frogs. The scenery from Jordan Pond is the most spectacular of any scenery in Acadia National Park I think.

The water look so clear and pristine. I only wish I have a kayak to take out into the pond. The Jordan House visitor center is located a little too far out from the pond to get a really good panoramic view. But from the second floor observation it is still pretty out of this world. I love all those rocks that jet out of the shores but some of them are loosey goosy so watch your step.

Last Wednesday was my 5th trip to Acadia and I have done this trail on everyone of my visits. I would rate this higher than the Mount Cadillac summit loop.

Did the west side of Jordan pond and connected to the deer brook trail which led to a beautiful old bridge. Came back along he carriage road as the hike along the pond was not very special.

Sunday, August 21, 2016

It has nice views of the pond and mountains but I was looking down most of the time since the walk is primarily on an uneven boardwalk.

Sunday, August 14, 2016

It's just a nice walk along a narrow boardwalk on the side of the pond

Tuesday, August 09, 2016

A good trail, kind of monotonous but shady.

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Great trail which is easy for both adults and kids. Some areas are rocky and when wet can be slippery. Bring money and visit the Jordan Pond restaurant for pop overs and ice tea. Great way to finish off a great hike!

Monday, August 14, 2017