Jordan Pond Full Loop Trail

Jordan Pond Full Loop Trail is a 3.4 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Mount Desert, Maine that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 3.4 miles Elevation Gain: 95 feet Route Type: Loop

partially paved

Acadia National Park P.O. Box 177 Bar Harbor, ME 04609-0177 Phone: 207-288-3338 Shipping Address Acadia National Park 20 McFarland Hill Drive Bar Harbor ME 04609-0177 More information: http://www.nps.gov/acad/contacts.htm

36 minutes ago

Hiked this so we could get to the popovers at the lodge (fantastic by the way-- popovers and blueberry lemonade 10/10)! The pond was beautiful, especially with the rocks reflected in the water. Easy hike with some boardwalks and very clear paths

small sections of the trail are being repaired. as such, several lengths are muddy and nearly treacherous with crisscross tree roots.. that's if falling into mud can be considered high risk.

Great hike! I completed this about a year ago with my dog. It was very simple. We saw a lot of dogs and children on this trail. The whole loop wouldn’t be accessible to strollers. It provided lots of great picture opportunities and had connections into many other trails. Highly recommend!

To avoid muddy section on western side suggest use of via carriage trail on same side. It parallels trail at a slightly higher elevation and allows one to view a beautiful Rockefeller stone bridge. Adds about 0.10 miles to overall distance and well worth the the experience.

A fun and easy trail. It’s Boardwalk most of the way. Good for kids and small dogs— we hiked it with a chihuahua and a Papillon. Lots of wildlife— we saw beaver and a pair of loons.

bridge out

Very nice easy trail. One part is under construction so there was a detour through a muddy forest. Otherwise it was fantastic.

bridge out

My fiancé and I did this trail at sunset/dusk, so the usual traffic had, for the most part, dissipated. Parking, however, was a nightmare over the holiday weekend! This was one of my favorite hikes in the area. Jordan Pond holds some of clearest, most tranquil water I’ve ever seen- and the trail provides a great view of The Bubbles. It is a mild hike that can easily be done in conjunction with a more difficult one. My one warning would be that, on the Western side of the lake, there is a significant amount of the boardwalk that is under construction, meaning you will have to detour through a (marked) path of, yes, MUD. Wear proper footwear!

bridge out

An easy trail but they are rebuilding part of the trail and the detour was thick mud. Hopefully they finish soon! Also, it was heavily trafficked so if you are looking for a quiet, peaceful walk this might not be the one to pick.

You have to walk in a ton of my because they are building a new walkway! A beautiful walkway, but it’s a muddy disaster!!! The hike was pretty easy and more like an easy stroll around a beautiful lake until the massive climbing around the rocks you had to do- that was fun! Actually, the mud was fun too!

a very easy trail with some incredible views. the raw nature was gorgeous and it was cool to see so many creatures so close in their natural habitat! a very peaceful hike but also very muddy on the backside. wear a pair of shoes that you don’t mind getting a little dirty!

This trail was so fun!! My special friend and I biked it and found it to be fantastic!! The views were spectacular!!! The bike ride was not difficult, and I have not done a lot of bike riding. There were some uphill slopes that gave me a good little workout, but nothing I couldn’t handle. Well worth every minute and the aching bike seat area the next day!!

I could go on this trail everyday if I could.. the view is simply majestic. It’s such a wonderful view, I’d encourage you not to zoom by it.. take the time and take a break every mile, to sit and enjoy the view, maybe pack a granola bar. It’s very kid friendly, I took my 7 & 9 year old girls, and they loved it. There are some rocky areas..and there was a muddy detour area (July 2019), but when you see the “volunteer at work” sign, somehow you don’t mind it as much, just make sure your shoes can take some mud..(you’re hiking after all). Some of the walk is on boards, which was really nice. Highly recommended!

bridge out

This is a beautiful trail and definitely a must do in Acadia. Currently, there is a detour around where they are replacing some of the wood plank trail and the detour is extremely muddy, especially after a rain. It didn’t bother us, we don’t mind getting dirty on a hike, but there were people trying to get an umbrella stroller through. This hike also requires climbing some rocks. Our kids are 9 and 11 and they loved it! You can take your dog, but they are not allowed off leash or in the water.

Lovely hike. Be warned, there is a section of the plank boardwalk trail under repair and the detour is muddy!

An easy beautiful walk around the pond. Stop off at Jordan pond restaurant afterwards and reward yourself with a popover.

A very beautiful and easy hike around the most beautiful lake you have ever seen.

A beautiful trail but not suitable for toddlers that can walk. There’s a very long boardwalk (2 planks with spaces in the middle) that can definitely be dangerous for them unless you have a toddler’s backpack. The boardwalk is fun but can be tedious when the trail is crowded (you have to wait to let people pass many many times along the way). Since you have to look at your feet to see where you’re going you have less time to look at the beautiful scenery. I haven’t reached it myself but I heard there was a lot of muddy areas after the end of the boarded path. With toddlers, consider starting by the right side where there is no boardwalk and come back the same way instead of doing the full loop.

Great trail. When we went there was a portion blocked off with a detour through a marked part of woods. It was pretty muddy but still had a blast. Cool breeze near the water. No bugs in the early afternoon.