Jordan Pond Full Loop Trail is a 3.4 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Mt Desert, Maine that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Acadia National Park P.O. Box 177 Bar Harbor, ME 04609-0177 Phone: 207-288-3338 Shipping Address Acadia National Park 20 McFarland Hill Drive Bar Harbor ME 04609-0177 More information: http://www.nps.gov/acad/contacts.htm

27 minutes ago

I suggest the rating could be easier except walking on the planks might be tricky for some.
And heard some comments especially those ‘older’ than me that the rocks were a little tricky to traverse.
Great views, walking around a lake or water never gets old!!.

This was beautiful! I’d rate it more easy than moderate since it’s relatively flat the entire way. I liked the parts where you got to walk over the boulders. The view is waterfront the entire way. Took about 1 hour, 20 min. (For context: I’m 55 and athletic, but a relatively inexperienced hiker).

Nice walk around the pond. We went counterclockwise so first half of the trail was very easy. Second half included walking on some flat rocks and a well-maintained wooden boardwalk. Good for a windy or rainy day when harder hikes may be dangerous.

Really beautiful pond to walk around, especially in fall. I think it could be classified as easy - it’s really very flat all the way. Loved the long section of beautiful wooden boardwalk! We also did South Bubble along the loop, would recommend.

Great loop during peak Autumn

Easy walk. Half the path is a “board walk” - literally walking on halved trees to protect the nature. It is pristine! Worth taking the trip up the Bubbles while you’re there.

Started counter clockwise and only did about half. Went up to the rock scramble and then turned around because I ran into some folks that came the other way and said the rest wasn’t that exciting. I have a 60 pound dog and he managed the planks and rocks just fine. The fall colors were awesome around early October. Nice, flat hike (other than a short section of rocks). Parking is a beast so go early and get a pass before you try to park!

Lovely lake hike with some fall calor. Parking was a bit of a wait. Mixed trail of dirt, rock, & board walk. We were a bit surprised at how long this trail took us.

The property was really crowded so we just started the walk to get away from it all. Nice easy flat trails around the whole pond. Still heavily trafficked but easy to move around folks walking at a slower pace. Beautiful views of the pond and surrounding trees. Gorgeous fall colors.

one of my favorite hikes

So pretty in the fall

Always love this trail have been coming here for over 50 years

Lots of a fun - a few spots are challenging navigating the rocks but great scenery. Our dog did really well but he was a little billy goat over the rocks

Beautiful trail, cool, crisp weather, enjoyed it immensely!

Great walk. There was a large section of plank boardwalks and a muddy section where the boardwalk will eventually continue, but other then that the walk was really beautiful and easy. I’d definitely do it again.

We wanted an easy, flat hike since it poured last night and we weren't going to risk any steep hikes with rocks since it would be too slick from everything we'd read. Even with intense fog, it was absolutely beautiful! The full loop tracked closer to 4 miles and had lovely changes in going from wooden platforms to boulders to dirt trail. Made for a nice, peaceful afternoon and beautiful pictures!

Based on reviews, I thought this trail would NOT be enjoyable. I was pleasantly surprised by the amount of nature packed into this trail. It is super easy so it may seem boring to do the entire loop, but definitely worth doing a portion of it!

Did the loop clockwise and ended up checking Bubble Divide (tough climb) - but ended up seeing Bubble rock and an awesome view of Jordan pond from up top.

Good views of the Bubbles and Sargent. A lot of walking on planks/boardwalks.

Nice views of the Bubbles and Sargent. Although, you are left with essentially the same view for the duration of the hike. There are some raised platform sections.

I loved this hike for the scenery! Not difficult at all.

I mean the lake is beautiful. But the view doesn’t change the entire hike. It’s just a trail that goes around the circumference of the lake. On one side there are raised boardwalk planks that are only 2 boards wide in most points which makes it hard to fit by when people are going the opposite direction. Really boring hike.

Easy hike/walk around Jordan Pond. Parking was easy early in the morning, however was filling up by the time we finished. The lake views are wonderful with such clear water and the Bubbles in view. Heard the loons, but they kept out of sight.

An easy, level hike. Jordan Pond is one of THE most popular Acadia attractions: get there early. If parking fills up at the Jordan Pond House use the boat landing parking lot just down the road. Excellent hiking every season.

This was such an enjoyable walk around the pond. Nice loop open to the pond and into the trees. Then we stopped to have popovers and ice cream at the Jordan Pond House. Totally recommend it. Great afternoon!

Beautiful trail with gorgeous views around Jordan Pond. As at most popular spots, parking was tough when we arrived at ~10:30. We went clockwise and about 1/5 of the way in, encountered a some easy portions on split logs to keep you out of boggy paths; if someone comes from the other way, one party must yield. A little easy scrambling over some rocks and boulders. Mostly easy paths and a couple bridges. No bikes or wheelchairs. My boys took a quick detour up to bubble rock and met us back at Jordan Pond House for lunch. Skip the heavily-hyped $4 popovers if you are on a budget. Saw loons, frogs, fish, gulls, and chipmunks. Heard squirrels. Fairly busy on this hike, but not annoyingly. Only heard street traffic only as we completed the east side.

Beautiful scenery! Add on the bubbles for extra fun!

Beautiful hike. Very easy, but also very busy.

if you stay on the trail it's an easy trail but the views will not disappoint!!