Jordan Cliffs Trail to Penobscot Mountain

Jordan Cliffs Trail to Penobscot Mountain is a 3.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Mt Desert, Maine that features a lake and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is best used from May until October.

Non-Technical (rock scrambling, iron rungs & ladders), cliff-side hike along Penobscot's east face looking down on Jordan Pond.

A definite must hike if you’re spending any more than a few days at Acadia.

awesome trail with some gorgeous views...high steps and rungs. Challenging in places but worth the effort!

I did this trail clockwise so Penboscot trail first which was pretty much a vertical climb/continuous staircase which was a killer workout. Then it was a slow incline up the Penboscot open face mountain with epic 360 views of Acadia. Then it was a smooth descent down the Jordan Cliffs which was a nice view/overlook of the nearby lake. Highly recommend as this has some really epic views.

Great views of Jordan Pond and awesome geological features while hiking a fun cliffside iron rung & ladder trail that includes some rock scrambling and amazing root systems on the trail. Of the 3 ladder trails of Acadia, our family with teenagers enjoyed this one most.

Great hike. Nice views and great look outs.

Hiked this in the rain on a Friday late morning. Not too busy, the Jordan Cliffs trail was super fun, and the ridge hike down was really scenic with 270 degree views most of the way. My wife and I agree this was the best bike we did on our New England road trip.

I loved it but I've got over 20years of rock climbing experience. I can't believe I didn't have a harness on. We met a solo hike who was very nervous and needed a little encouragement. Also my husband got vertigo. Non of us regretted doing it but make sure you know what your in for. It was a clear day and the views were more than amazing (if you could bare to look at them without getting dizzy). I can't wait to go again.

Amazing!!