Hunt Trail

Hunt Trail is a 9.3 mile out and back trail located near Millinocket, Maine that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round.

Directions from Millinocket, ME: Travel approximately 15 miles north on SR 11 to reach the Togue Pond Gate. Bear left and travel about 7 - 9 miles to the Katahdin Stream Campground. Begin on Owl Trail which forks onto Hunt Trail.

An unforgettable journey. As others have said it's more exposed then I initially thought and I really liked that.

I thought it was a very nice trail, however many of the other people were dehydrated and cramping up. So I recommend that you bring plenty of water, and a water filter.

This trail was the hardest hike I've done to date, and I've hiked in almost every national park in the US. You need to be prepared before embarking on this - bring plenty of liquids and enough snacks to keep up your energy because you will need it! The first mile or so is pretty easy but things pick up quick after that. A long section of going uphill and boulders, then some climbing up a steep section using rungs, then a really intense section climbing up a steep peak, etc. Every time you think you've made it, you realize there is more. But once you get to the peak, you will feel amazing! The views are incredible! And going back down isn't all that easy either!

Amazing trail, amazing views! Lots of bouldering and a bit exposed although many in my party liked that part.

Well maintained trail. NOT a trail for first time hikers. Plan on a lot of scrambling at the top. I recommend making sure you have layers!

Great finish to the AT trail.

this was the most intense hike I have ever experienced couldn't have been better with Mark, Greg, and Jeff.

Great views, and because it's part of the AT you get to see hikers finishing it up. Have to climb up some boulders and use rails, which makes it more exciting.

Grate time don't recommend taking your 3 year old

Monday, July 18, 2016

Thursday, July 14, 2016

Wednesday, July 06, 2016

Tuesday, June 07, 2016

Sunday, January 03, 2016

Friday, October 30, 2015

One of the most difficult and terrifying trails I've ever hiked, but also one of the most rewarding! Boulder scrambling, handrails, precipitous drops, tableland, and gorgeous views from the top.
Very sore legs at the bottom. A demanding 10 mile round trip.

Monday, August 24, 2015

Wednesday, April 22, 2015

This was a beautiful way up Mt. Katahdin, but since I had expected to climb Chimney/Saddle, I found this one much more challenging than I'd planned. Our group actually climbed down the other side (Chimney/Saddle) and had our ride meet us there.