Harpswell Cliffs and Long Reach Mountain Trail

Harpswell Cliffs and Long Reach Mountain Trail is a 2.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Harpswell, Maine that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

A nice hike but I would rate it easy, not moderate.

Just a little rugged. Very well marked. Wear mosquito repellent!! You will be eaten alive.

This is a nice trail, but I would definitely rate it an easy trail, not moderate. The last part of the trail ends at the transfer station and wasn't sure where to go from there. The trail was marked but I did find that a couple places where we went off the trail. It's not just a loop- has a bunch of overlooks before the cliff, some didn't offer much of a look, but he too was nice.

The water was so pretty and unique. I'll definitely go back.

Great trail with beautiful views! Well maintained and marked, though we did wander off trail a couple times without meaning to - there are many "subtrails" so really pay attention to the white blazes. Challenging ascent to the cliffs, but nothing too terrible (no ladders or ropes needed). Many roots along the entire trail so I recommend hiking boots over running shoes. My friend's dog had a blast; there are some spots with sharp drop-offs so bring a leash. I'll definitely hike this trail again.

Beautiful views on the Cliff Trail and great for dogs. I gave it three stars because I found it way too heavily trafficked. If you prefer hiking without tons of other people around, this place is NOT for you. We went on a Saturday around 11:00. Maybe weekdays or early mornings are more peaceful. I think the description of this trail should be changed to "heavily trafficked loop trail".

Fun walk in the woods. Dog friendly.