rock climbing

A nice hike if you're looking for something quick but worthwhile. The hike is logically divided into three sections: The first, along the pond, is almost entirely flat. After the pond you head straight uphill for 15-20 minutes of solid climbing until you emerge onto the exposed rock and excellent views of the pond and surrounding region. Then it's a gently undulating route to the "summit," although it's a little unclear where the exact summit is. There is a rock cairn, but it's neither on the highest point, nor the point where Garmin thinks the summit should be (which also is not the highest point). I looked around on what appeared to be the high ground for a USGS marker, but with no luck. There were abundant wild blueberries when I did the trail (late July). Note that there are a few crisscrossing and intersecting trails, making it quite easy to get off track, even in the summertime, so pay attention. I was glad to have my GPS with me so I could tell which fork to follow. And for what it's worth, my GPS registered 2.9 miles total, up and back.