Great Meadow Loop Trail

Great Meadow Loop Trail is a 8.1 mile loop trail located near Bar Harbor, Maine that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

I didn't see any "Great meadows," but I did see a golf course, a cemetery and a guy cutting grass. Not sure who calculated this as an 8.1 mile loop, it's 2 miles at best. We started from the center of town and by the time we walked to the trailhead, did the loop and got back out to the road, we were at 4 miles. You're primarily walking along the road and a golf course. You could easily connect to Jessup Trail, take that to the nature center and walk back to town. It's easily doable. If you only plan on just doing this short loop, leave the camera at home. I wouldn't recommend this trail unless you plan on using it to connect to another trail. But I will say it's a well marked and maintained trail if you're just looking for a stroll...along a golf course... and a road.

Odd to see golf course in middle of national park but easy to navigate and hit on the way from downtown.

Monday, July 04, 2016