Gorham Mountain and Ocean Trail Loop

Gorham Mountain and Ocean Trail Loop is a 2.9 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Bar Harbor, Maine that features a great forest setting and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, rock climbing, and birding and is best used from April until September.

rock climbing

beach

Hiked Gorham Mountain, The Beehives, Champlain Mountain, and Cadillac Cliffs.
Dana and I hiked a loop on Gorham Mountain. Gorgeous day and manageable loop that included shoreside trails and tourist attractions such as Thunder Hole. The only hairy part of the hike was coming down the Beehive Trail which is very steep and has metal rungs and steps installed, which are much needed. Great potential dive sites noted along the way.

Family and I created this loop for a day's hike. We started where Gorham Mtn. /Ocean Trail meet. Gorham Mountain wasn't difficult to hike (ate lunch on top of Gorham Mtn.), so we included Beehive in our loop. My 8 and 9 year old daughters loved this trail!! I wanted to note that my 8 and 9 year old girls are avid hikers so you may want to do Beehive a different day Fun climb with iron rungs, and the trail is close to the edge so my wife and I were close to our kids. We walked back down from Beehive and went to Sandy Beach area and started the Ocean Trail. Beautiful views of the rocky shore, but it's close to the road so it's busy with traffic. We stopped at Thunder Hole and continued to our car. We were exhausted when we got to our vehicle so we went to Bar Harbor for some ice cream!

Monday, October 24, 2016