From the beginning to the second stream crossing the hike was very moderate. The bridge at the second stream crossing is in need of some major TLC - as I observed gaping holes in between the floor boards of the bridge due to harsh weather conditions, rotting and continued use. After crossing the bridge, the real hike up began. It was a steady incline with a few leveled out areas so that I could catch my breathe and rest for a minute. Once at the main summit the views of the Saco Valley and the White Mountains were spectacular. On the ledge just west of the summit I could identify Abbott, Hussey and Fort Ridge mountains to the South, the Ossipee mountains to the Southwest and the Presidentials to the Northwest. The old fire tower was in good condition. The bench mark, summit sign and memorial plaque were all in good shape - no signs of vandalism. My wife ate from numerous blueberry and raspberry bushes while at the summit (she said the blueberries were very sweet). The hike up for the faster part of my family was 1hr, 10 minutes. For me and my youngest son it was 1hr, 30 minutes. It took me a little over an hour to get down, and my sons 50 minutes. On the way up and down there are barely any views due to tree cover. Overall it was a great hike for me and my family. I would put 5 stars for this, but that 2nd stream crossing bridge needs to be replaced or repaired.