I really wanted to finish this trail, but I had to bail about 1/4 mile from the end. The last mile is very steep over rocks and stone steps. Bring LOTS of water for this one.

Also want to note it was a little tricky to find the start for me. I parked in the place where there is a bulliten board with maps and signs. Continue down what looks like a dirt road, to the left of this sign. You will come to another space cleared out with a smaller sign. Continue straight over the bridge (and enjoy the views on either side of the mountains). Then, keep going straight, there is a flat path that runs along the river. There are not a lot of blue blaze markers, so I wasn't sure if I had missed the trailhead. You will pass one camp site up and to the left right after the bridge, then another farther down on the river. The trail head is near this second campsite. Once you are on the trail it is fairly well marked.

There were a few muddy spots, although steps were mostly in place to pass. This is a hike I'd really recommend bringing poles on.

I hope to finish this one another time. All in all a great and remote hike.