Fields Pond Audubon Center Loop

easyYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray Star(64)
Orrington, Maine

Fields Pond Audubon Center Loop is a 1.8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Orrington, Maine that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Distance: 1.8 miles Elevation Gain: 190 feet Route Type: Loop

Great trail, well maintained. Did the ravine trail and lakeshore trail and the views were amazing. Most is the trails are shaded, less so by the pond. Will be returning again!

the trails were great. even with all the down trees from recent storms, the trails were all cleared and fallen trees cut out of the path. clues for the mystery animal were great everyone was keeping an eye out for all the clues of the week. some of the lower areas were a bit muddier but avoidable. great well kept trail

Pretty nice trail, nice breeze not too many bugs and has a beautiful view of the pond at trails end. Hart Farm trail of the Holden Land Trust connects to Fields Pond, its easy going down, great cardio workout going back to Hart Farm trail head.

Was a beautiful walk! Easy to do... wet in some areas so sneakers got wet.. but being near the water made my soul sing our family had a beautiful time climbing on bridges wooded board walks down along a fallen tree, up over some hills, found beautiful spots to absorb the heat of the sun and the warmth in our face! Loved our time together and connecting with each other and nature.. our hike ended as it began with the songs from the birds and sightings of two blue jays.... AMAZING! Ty much love and prayers left on the trails to pass on for all to receive and pass on!

icy

a good walk to the pond. will be coming back when I have more time to further explore the trails. muddy and a few icy spots but was to be expected after the rain we got

private property

Some of the trails are hard to follow. You sometimes need to stop and look for the blue marked trees to regain your bearings. Also, it looks like part of the trail was rerouted (shorter). There are trees that are blocking paths that need to be straddled over. Little buggy, but not bad in Sept. Muddy spots where there should be bridges. They won't let you ride bikes on the trails, but they let snowmobilers ride then in the winter.

easy, but pretty with many different things to see. varied habitat

private property

Disappointed that they don't let mountain bikes on the trails, yet they let snowmobilers on them.

This was a very easy fun trail. My 4 year old son had a great time! We saw ducks, butterflies, snakes and a porcupine!

Very nice trail that is close to home, I walked along the brook which took me to the pond. There are a few nice places to stop and hangout by the water also.

For an easy day, this is the trail to take, especially if you're a birdwatcher. If you want to add a little more of a hike, head towards the pond.

nice easy Trail, great for taking a slow walk, enjoying the Stream. the trail by the pond picked up a few wood ticks so you might want to protect yourself.

I love these trails! I run some of it but most of it is supper rocky and stumps! Well marked and peaceful! This time of year though the bugs are insane! So wear bug spray!!!

Mon May 27 2019

Sun Oct 21 2018

Nice place for views and a easy walk

Sun Oct 07 2018

Such a peaceful place. Trails are easy to moderate. Fall views of the foliage is beautiful!

Fri Aug 17 2018

This is a terrific trail for my whole family. it's is beautiful and we'll kept. the blazes are frequent and it was great practice for my little ones to watch for and follow the blazes.

Sat Aug 11 2018

The trails were very well maintained. My favorites were the ravine and pond trail. The ravine takes you into the woods. There are lots of chipmunk, squirrel, and bird sight and sounds. The Pond trail takes you along the fields pond. There are places to swim as well as boat/kayak. I will be returning in the fall to take the hikes as the leaves change.

Sat Apr 21 2018

Nice area. Trails are short so it is kind of hard to find your way to the longer ones. Dogs aren’t actually allowed.

Sat Apr 21 2018

Great place to hike! However, even though it says on here that dogs are allowed, dogs are not allowed at Fields Pond.

Sat Mar 31 2018

It was really muddy and still had a lot of snow and this app says that dogs are allowed but there is a sign there that says no dog, I took my dog with me. I would recommend waiting till the snow melts.