Evans Notch - Blueberry Mountain Loop Trail

Evans Notch - Blueberry Mountain Loop Trail is a 6.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Stow, Maine that features a great forest setting and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

had a hard time finding the path to rattlesnake pool(not many signs for blueberry mnt either) went to the right of shell pond. next time ill go left. nice scenery and water views

My husband, 9 year old daughter and I did this hike this past Sunday. Beautiful day, great trails! The Emerald pool is a sight to see. Very cold, but perfect way to cool off after a long trek.

Great short hike with beautiful views. The swimming hole felt delightfully freezing after the sweaty excursion. The bugs are out in force!!

not a very strenuous hike. suggest going up the white carin trail. be prepared for picking blueberries during the late summer! beautiful views of bald face circle trail with plenty of overlooks and picnic spots. A must is a stop at the rattlesnake pool. the water is COLD but worth the dip! dog and kid friendly hike.

Trails were not marked very well but well worth the hike. Beautiful views, challenging and the gorgeous rattlesnake pond to enjoy after.

Labor Day weekend 2009. Had an encounter with an unknown animal. Upon reaching the "summit" from the white cabin trail we had lunch. About five minutes into the sandwich we noticed a very pungent odor, it made us stop eating. We packed up our lunch and kept going around. We couldn't see anything upwind of us, and didn't hear anything moving around. Visibility was decent, spotty scrub pine and low bushes. We went further down the trail about 20 minutes to another small clearing to continue our lunch. Almost as my first bite hit my lips did I smell the same pungent odor as before. We both instantly packed up our lunch and hurried down the trail toward the flume. I kept looking back and couldn't see anything following us. I should mention, I am an avid hunter and hiker, and have never experienced anything like this before. I have hiked portions of the Appalachian trail and New England, and the Canadian Rockies. Not sure we'd go back.

Access to this trail is via Chatham, New Hampshire on Shell Pond Road off Route 113, Evans Notch. I have submitted a correction. A bit challenging but well worth the hike for great views from open ledges. Best done as a clock wise loop.

Beautiful well maintained trail with great views and a wonderful reward at the end with Rattlesnake Flume and Pool!

Monday, October 03, 2016

Followed the driving driving on the GPS it provided and lead me to a family farm. This trail is near NH and not in Edmunds, ME like it says.

Sunday, September 25, 2016

This was such a beautiful hike! Definitely best to start on White Cairn, take Blueberry Ridge, then head down Stone House trail and stop at Rattlesnake Pool.The view at the top of White Cairn was amazing. Will definitely be going again!

Wednesday, August 24, 2016

We did the loop and it was a bit steep going up. Once you got to the top it was Beautiful!! Going down wasn't bad at all. Stopped by Rattlesnake pool and it was a hidden gem!!!

Tuesday, July 21, 2015

This was a tough one! Really steep towards the top, but amazing expansive views once you reach the vista. If you're a little out of shape like me, it's good to have a motivator to help you up! Very busy on the weekends.

Monday, July 07, 2014