East Point Audubon Sanctuary Trail

East Point Audubon Sanctuary Trail is a 1.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Biddeford, Maine that offers the chance to see wildlife and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and bird watching and is accessible year-round.

Distance: 1.5 miles Elevation Gain: 62 feet Route Type: Loop

Beautiful walk along the coastline.

is pretty

I saw many different birds and even a deer was walking along the path. It was so amazing. I see why dogs are not allowed as these animals would have been frightened. Beautiful views.

Beautiful ocean walk, lovely views the whole time, mostly low and medium sized brush.

Beautiful ocean views and an easy walk. You can see Wood Island lighthouse very clearly. There is not much parking available.

This trail has lovely coastal views, including a lighthouse and many birds. Bring binoculars! Today (early March) it is a combination of muddy, snowy, and icy in many places, so I'm glad I wore waterproof boots with Yaktrax. I enjoy this trail year round. When the tide is out you can walk down to little rocky beaches along the way as well. Gorgeous, and worth repeating.

Mon Nov 05 2018

Walked the trail with my dog even though dogs not allowed- no one said a thing, probably because it is off season. The trail was almost impossible to find in areas, possibly because of the wind and rain lately? Otherwise it’s a gorgeous and unique trial that I would definitely recommend!

Fri Jul 13 2018

beautiful scenery. trails could be marked a little better

Sun Jul 08 2018

My new favorite trail! Views are incredible.

Mon Jun 18 2018

no dogs allowed.

Sat Jun 09 2018

Good walk & a great view

Sat Jun 02 2018

A very short walk, though the views of the ocean are great. Audubon is making an effort to curb invasive plant species, so the section of the trail past the wooden walkway down to the beach looks like it’s been burnt. I probably wouldn’t do it again, only because it was quite a drive to get there for not a lot of payoff.

Thu May 03 2018

Very beautiful little trail! Could be more clearly marked in places, but beautiful and fun nonetheless

Sun Nov 19 2017

Awesome!

Tue Aug 22 2017

So beautiful... I love going down onto the rocks and watching the lobstermen.

Mon Aug 21 2017

Doesn't allow dogs so we couldn't go in. Just a warning for anyone traveling here for an adventure with a pup!

Sat Jun 03 2017

one of my favorite trails in the area. i go here about once a month.

Mon Aug 10 2015

This is a pretty hike with views of the ocean. I also like to search for sea glass at Fortune’s Rocks, just outside the entrance to this trail.

rock climbing
Wed Sep 14 2011

Known to the locals as Wood Island Light trail or simply the Bird Sanctuary. This site is actually located in Biddeford Pool and was a favorite hang out for a group of friends and myself during our four years at the University of New England... about 5 miles down the road. The first half parallels a golf course and rocky coast (great for tide pooling). Wood Island Light is about half way in then the trail ducks into the woods. Coastline views span from Biddeford to Old Orchard Beach to South Portland. Plenty of wild life to be seen if you're willing to look around. I have seen multitudes of bird, some deer and even some foxes. A flat and short trail but a great place to fly a kite or just relax for an afternoon. *beware during the summer time... lots of visitors (canadians) who can be very pushy.