Douglas Mountain Loop Trail

Douglas Mountain Loop Trail is a 1.8 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Sebago, Maine that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Old stone tower at summit with a view of Sebago Lake. First 4/10ths of a mile is on paved road (almost 1/2 of hike is on pavement). It is steep. You have to park down in a side parking lot. This is an easy hike due to short length but a moderate hike due to slope. Can be very slippery when wet or icy.

Nice easy hike. Pleasantly surprised by the view at the top.

If you lost your cell phone on 4/13, we found it and left it by the payment kiosk

nice views of the presidential range and the lake. well marked fun hike. It states 1315 feet when at the tower but all trails states different. snow on the ground and snowing off and on.

Great mountain to hike! All different kinds of terrain. Summit is awesome and plenty of room to stretch out and have a snack!

Well worth the jaunt up this mountain and taking in the mountain ranges on top of the unique fire tower on the summit. I took the nature trail up and scout trail down. Keep your eyes peeled for the orange markings...in a couple of places it was difficult to discern where the scout trail was....recently a Cedar fell over from the wind storm about a 1/5 of the way down, blocking the trail and markings ahead. No biggie, nust something to be aware of. Enjoyable nature stroll.

Love hiking Douglas! Usually go once a month

Fairly easy hike. We went up the eagle scout trail. Watch out for the hornets nest on the side of the fort at the top though.

Always a fun and scenic hike.

Quick, rigorous in places, and sweet payoff. Rocked it with my girls. Tower at summit was very popular.

Good little trail... would deff. rate this as easy. The blazes should also be marked better for the different trails.

Hiked with a group of colleagues from India last week. Very short hike for extraordinary views! The kids, parents, and dog all had a great time.

Great for kids. Nice payoff at summit.

Great little hike with kids. My 8 and 6 year old girls had a great time. Nice little bit of scrambling and awesome payoff at the end. Did the quick way up and the snowmobile trail down. Lots of great features on the descent as well.

Enjoyed this hike. Gorgeous day - mid 70's in mid August. Bugs were not bad as there was a breeze at the top but did use bug spray on the way up. Took the Eagle Scout Trail up and it is steep most of the way with lots of tree roots and stones in parts. At a critical point when this trail hits the Nature Loop, it is confusing. We were looking for the Ledge (with view) marked on the map and could not find it. Did get to the summit, and it is a beautiful view from the stone tower. The short yellow Ledges trail is up some very steep rock that would be very slick if wet. We took that down to the road and walked back to the parking lot. Wish there had been maps at the station (they were out). But overall a great few hours to spend hiking in on natural wooded trails with a treat at the top.

Great hike. Foggy day, but wanted to fit it in before the end of the vacation. As such, we missed the view from the top. But the journey was fun! Kids loved the tower! We took the Woods trail up and Ledges trail down. Very doable for a senior, two adults, and two kids (2 and 4 y/o). After rain, be careful on the rocks.

Done the eagle scout and loop trail to the top and down the main path . kids loved it

I'd rate this as an easy hike. Would be great for kiddos and was very easy for our doggie as well. For the short hike it was, it had amazing views! Would def recommend this to all ages and abilities.

This made for a nice morning hike. The trail itself didn't blow me away but it was pretty and peaceful. I did not find the trail itself very difficult. We took a group of 14 kids up (ranging in ages 3-16) and all of them got to the lookout up top.

I love this trail! It's my go-to trail for weeknight hikes with an uphill that really pushes me. It's a lot of fun on snowshoes, too. I still go to the top of the tower to check out the view every time. The trail is well marked and unlike many trails I've been on, people don't litter here. Definitely bring insect repellent, the mosquitoes & deer flies are fierce!

Short hike, but steep! Parking lot is probably 1/2 mile from the trailhead - all up hill. Well worth it for the view!

beautiful view at the summit!! bring bug spray

Missed a few turns here and there, embarrassing since I've done this hike at night and during the winter. Good view at the top because of the stone tower. I'd recommend switching up some of the paint on the trees for markers they all seem to use orange despite being different trails or routes.

There is a $3 parking fee and I wonder what Sebago does with the money. There are many trails colored coded on the map yet all trail markers are the same color. Makes for a confusing hike. View at the top was great, loved the stone tower.

A little steep, but the view at the top is worth it. The stone tower is amazing and makes for an even sweeter view. This is generally a short hike, unless, of course, you get the trails mixed up and end up walking in circles, like my hike group did. It's easy to get off track, as there are so many clear paths and trails, so paying attention to the markers is a must.

Great small loop with stunning views. Definitely would recommend and then stop at Krista's in Cornish.

I love Douglas My and have been hiking it for years. Gets pretty steep and tough for a little but the 360 views from the tower and we'll worth it. Bring wine and spend some time at the top!

*I have also snowshoed up and that was pretty tough but even more beautiful.

Very buggy-- had to run up and down trail

Monday, April 10, 2017

Good hike if you don't have all day