Douglas Mountain Loop Trail

Douglas Mountain Loop Trail is a 1.8 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Sebago, Maine that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Old stone tower at summit with a view of Sebago Lake. First 4/10ths of a mile is on paved road (almost 1/2 of hike is on pavement). It is steep. You have to park down in a side parking lot. This is an easy hike due to short length but a moderate hike due to slope. Can be very slippery when wet or icy.

Hiked with a group of colleagues from India last week. Very short hike for extraordinary views! The kids, parents, and dog all had a great time.

Great for kids. Nice payoff at summit.

Great little hike with kids. My 8 and 6 year old girls had a great time. Nice little bit of scrambling and awesome payoff at the end. Did the quick way up and the snowmobile trail down. Lots of great features on the descent as well.

Enjoyed this hike. Gorgeous day - mid 70's in mid August. Bugs were not bad as there was a breeze at the top but did use bug spray on the way up. Took the Eagle Scout Trail up and it is steep most of the way with lots of tree roots and stones in parts. At a critical point when this trail hits the Nature Loop, it is confusing. We were looking for the Ledge (with view) marked on the map and could not find it. Did get to the summit, and it is a beautiful view from the stone tower. The short yellow Ledges trail is up some very steep rock that would be very slick if wet. We took that down to the road and walked back to the parking lot. Wish there had been maps at the station (they were out). But overall a great few hours to spend hiking in on natural wooded trails with a treat at the top.

Great hike. Foggy day, but wanted to fit it in before the end of the vacation. As such, we missed the view from the top. But the journey was fun! Kids loved the tower! We took the Woods trail up and Ledges trail down. Very doable for a senior, two adults, and two kids (2 and 4 y/o). After rain, be careful on the rocks.

Done the eagle scout and loop trail to the top and down the main path . kids loved it

I'd rate this as an easy hike. Would be great for kiddos and was very easy for our doggie as well. For the short hike it was, it had amazing views! Would def recommend this to all ages and abilities.

This made for a nice morning hike. The trail itself didn't blow me away but it was pretty and peaceful. I did not find the trail itself very difficult. We took a group of 14 kids up (ranging in ages 3-16) and all of them got to the lookout up top.

I love this trail! It's my go-to trail for weeknight hikes with an uphill that really pushes me. It's a lot of fun on snowshoes, too. I still go to the top of the tower to check out the view every time. The trail is well marked and unlike many trails I've been on, people don't litter here. Definitely bring insect repellent, the mosquitoes & deer flies are fierce!