Douglas Mountain Loop Trail

Douglas Mountain Loop Trail is a 1.8 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Sebago, Maine that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Old stone tower at summit with a view of Sebago Lake. First 4/10ths of a mile is on paved road (almost 1/2 of hike is on pavement). It is steep. You have to park down in a side parking lot. This is an easy hike due to short length but a moderate hike due to slope. Can be very slippery when wet or icy.

Done the eagle scout and loop trail to the top and down the main path . kids loved it

I'd rate this as an easy hike. Would be great for kiddos and was very easy for our doggie as well. For the short hike it was, it had amazing views! Would def recommend this to all ages and abilities.

This made for a nice morning hike. The trail itself didn't blow me away but it was pretty and peaceful. I did not find the trail itself very difficult. We took a group of 14 kids up (ranging in ages 3-16) and all of them got to the lookout up top.

I love this trail! It's my go-to trail for weeknight hikes with an uphill that really pushes me. It's a lot of fun on snowshoes, too. I still go to the top of the tower to check out the view every time. The trail is well marked and unlike many trails I've been on, people don't litter here. Definitely bring insect repellent, the mosquitoes & deer flies are fierce!

Short hike, but steep! Parking lot is probably 1/2 mile from the trailhead - all up hill. Well worth it for the view!

beautiful view at the summit!! bring bug spray

Missed a few turns here and there, embarrassing since I've done this hike at night and during the winter. Good view at the top because of the stone tower. I'd recommend switching up some of the paint on the trees for markers they all seem to use orange despite being different trails or routes.

There is a $3 parking fee and I wonder what Sebago does with the money. There are many trails colored coded on the map yet all trail markers are the same color. Makes for a confusing hike. View at the top was great, loved the stone tower.

A little steep, but the view at the top is worth it. The stone tower is amazing and makes for an even sweeter view. This is generally a short hike, unless, of course, you get the trails mixed up and end up walking in circles, like my hike group did. It's easy to get off track, as there are so many clear paths and trails, so paying attention to the markers is a must.

Great small loop with stunning views. Definitely would recommend and then stop at Krista's in Cornish.