Cutler Coast Trail

Cutler Coast Trail is a 8.8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Cutler, Maine that offers scenic views and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round.

Amazing hike.

This trail puts you right up on the coast with numerous overlooks. A bit sketchy in March with the snow and ice but great views all the way.

Surprisingly challenging trail! Especially when you're backpacking. BUT the views are stunning and it's the most beautiful trail on the East Coastline. There are lots of rocks so expect some scrambling, and there's no freshwater, so you have to bring your own. The beaches aren't sandy, so if you're going to go in, wear water shoes. We did the trail during a 3-day backpacking trip, with two different campsites (which are first come first served, and packed every weekend).

Amazing ocean views, highly recommend. I did the 6 mile loop in 3 hours.

The wife and I have hiked the trail a few times over the years, never fails to impress with the moss covered forest, the temperature change once you get close to the water and just the sheer seclusion and beauty. I don't consider the trail difficult but the length and amount of tripping hazards (roots) do add to the challenge. My favorite hike in Maine that doesn't end up on the peak of a mountain.

Saturday, March 12, 2016

I was able to hike the 1.4 mile hike to the coastal overlook, I believe this trail (or part of it) is sometimes refered to as the bold coast trail. This trail is a part of the larger loop and was a great place to walk. I got there late in the day a was losing sunlight so I jogged alot of the way to the overlook. In hindsight that is probably not a good idea since the trail has alot of moss covered rocks and roots along it. On my way in I did pass a group of 5 seniors walking back from the overlook, they seamed to be making it along the rocky trail just fine. My mind was blown when I reached the coastal cliffs, A short distance out on the ocean there was a wall of fog. I didn't stay long since it was getting dark soon and I didn't know if the fog was moving inland. I made it back out useing a flashlight, The trail was easy to follow with bight blue blaze marks on the trees.

Saturday, December 26, 2015

Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Beautiful trail, moderately challenging. Completed the 10 mile loop in 6 hours.

Wednesday, June 10, 2015