Conners Nubble Trail

Conners Nubble Trail is a 3.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Bar Harbor, Maine that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

old growth

Beautiful trail that definitely kicked our butts. We came from the opposite direction on the Bubbles trail and experienced many great peaks on the way. My friend and I did this as our first "nubble" experience and the views were breathtaking. The very last bit of climbing on the nubble is a little perilous but well worth it. Would definitely do again and recommend to moderately experienced hikers.

Monday, July 04, 2016

Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Monday, October 14, 2013

We did this trail again today. It is even more beautiful in the fall. Probably the best Eagle Lake view ever, completely opened. You will see the brightest blue of the lake surrounded by gorgeous yellows and reds of the autumn leaves and the shining greens of the firs. Very little effort for a huge reward. The trail is nice and dry now, very well marked and really easy. Do not miss it - you can take it from the Eagle Lake carriage road: just walk 0.1 mile on the Eagle Lake trail and you will see a signing post leading to Conners Nubble.

Friday, September 27, 2013

The trail itself is a mixed bag: muddy, a lot of roots on the way up and deep in the forest, so there are not too many spectacular views on the way. Wait till you get to the summit though: you will see one of the most impressive views you can imagine. We have hiked so many trails in Acadia and this view is absolutely breathtaking. Be careful on the way down: there is a sharp drop-off right at the start of the descent.

Saturday, May 25, 2013

Only review true is the April 6th one...guess I am done reviewing here... Makes me look dumb

Saturday, May 25, 2013

These reviews are not of this trail... For some reason the sight is messed up and posting reviews in wrong trail

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Very rocky but overall a great workout. Views limited in places but nice way up to Penobscot and Sargent

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Part of my loop today. Views were very good. Came from Slide trail from Gilmore. It was great today.

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Did this as part of loop today. Views were awesome from here. I would do this again.

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Did this as part of my 4 peak hike today. Came down from Sargent to Gilmore and then across to Parkman and on to Bald Peak! It was okay but wished I had hiked up instead of down. Similar to Maple Spring Trail but steeper.

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Did this trail up to Sargent Mountain today. I found it poorly marked in places along stream where it crossed back and forth. Trail very toothy and not scenic until the last part. Would not be my first choice or 4th choice for a hike.

Saturday, April 06, 2013

You will be surprised at the view from the top and very unbusy Take a lunch up here and have your picnic there.