Cadillac North Ridge Trail

Cadillac North Ridge Trail is a 4.1 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Bar Harbor, Maine that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Hiked this in 9/2016. Amazing views all the way up. Worth the effort.

Hiked this trail in May 2015. One of the most memorable hikes on the East Coast. Beehive is another moderate but exciting trail for those who are not afraid of night or cliffs and in fairly good shape. This trail is longer but easier with amazing views!

Last hiked it on May 14, 1994. What can I saw that has not already been said by many visitors about this spectacular hike?

Enjoyed ourselves immensely. Could not of asked for better Maine-iac weather. Fog thicker than a wall, in 60mph winds (warm for October) made us soaked but it was a truly different experience even without a view (had to make the best of, end of tropical storm Nate)

It's a must do for Acadia park, but found a number of other trails in the park that I enjoyed slightly more. It's a busy trail, with a lot of people at the summit. Great views!

Took bus to Cadillac North Ridge Trail head and 3 hrs later reached mtn top. Physically demanding but enjoyable hike for sixtyish couple , active walkers. Stopped at “false summit “ and hawks nest to watch ranger activity. Wonderful view from crowded summit, cars buses etc. Took west ridge trail down but this was a real accomplishment for us and beyond our experience level. Plan ahead or come back down on the north ridge.

Beautiful trail. Great views the whole time. If you want more of a challenge, also try the south ridge!

This hike was a good challenge, with beautiful views throughout. There's a place along the trail I would call a "fake summit", so don't be fooled. Once you reach that point you still have a ways to go to get to the top. Reaching the summit felt amazing, but it was really crowded with those who had driven up. The trail was well marked with blue blazes, as well as cairns and sometimes stone "walls" to help direct you in the right direction.

Great hike! Like someone else said, come prepared with sunscreen as most of the hike is exposed rock. I agree that the top with the tourists is not the calmest place to be, but the trail offers many opportunities to sit by yourself and enjoy the views.

Loved this trail.

The weather was not in my favor. It was a little damp and foggy when I set out to hike to the top. Nevertheless it was beautiful and brutal... brutal bc it felt much longer then I anticipated and the flat rock portions were slippery. With that being said, it is still one of my favorites and I would gladly do it all over again.

Good hike but don't expect peace and quiet up at the top.

As previously stated, this hike feels a bit longer than it's distance. Mostly rocky, descending it a bit tough on the knees and ankles. however, it's a fun hike, would definitely do again (hopefully with views not smothered by fog). wear sunscreen!

this was the hardest hike I've ever done. it is very steep, and gruelling. the ground is uneven, and you have no place to rest. it is all uphill, even the "flat" parts are very difficult.
there are nearly no views, it is crowded with many hikers. I did not see children on the trails.
the top had amazing views, but was crowded with tourists who drove to the top.

Beautiful hike, very rocky!

One of the best hikes in the park! We took just over an hour to get up to the top, made the views along the way and at the top that much sweeter.

Views at top are panoramic and spectacular. We are in our mid 60's. With hiking boots and a pair of trek poles, this was still strenuous and took over 2.5 hours to climb up and almost as much descending because it is so steep. There is some outright climbing, walking on rocks across water, and lots of walking on slabs of uneven rock. But at the top there is a paved semi circular walk that gives 270 degree panoramic views of the coastline. There is also a store with snacks, rest rooms, filtered water fill station.

hike was great except the parts that run along the road and the crowds of tourists at the top, even at sunset!

I hiked up Cadillac on Gorge Path and came down on North Ridge and had a blast on the way down. Saw many dogs and children along the way, and would say this trail is definitely a family friendly hike.

We hiked up Cadillac Mountain to watch the sunrise. The hike up took us 1 hr 10 mins (we started around 4 am; it was very dark and foggy so we could really only see a few feet ahead of us as illuminated by our headlamps) and the descent just under an hour. Despite a lot of fog, even at the top, the sun poked through and we had a lovely view of the sunrise. The ascent is moderate (not too steep) (we are 31).