Cadillac North Ridge Trail

Cadillac North Ridge Trail is a 4.1 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Bar Harbor, Maine that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Cadillac North Ridge Trail Trail is a 4.4 mile out and back trail located near Bar Harbor, Maine that offers scenic views. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking.

Beautiful views-- lots of places to stop and take breaks and take in the scenery. Was steep at times, but certainly manageable. I saw people wearing sandals etc but I would recommend good shoes, my boots saved my ankles on the way down! A must do if you are in the area!!

Just hiked yesterday and drove to the top this morning for the sunrise. Beautiful views! It was a challenging climb but we saw people of all ages and lots of dogs able to complete it. We rested for a long time at the top just enjoying the view, and some blueberry soda which they sell in the gift shop.

Surprisingly challenging trail where you're navigating rocks the entire way. Our 18 month old golden retriever had had enough by the end! Bathrooms and water refills at the top.

This is a bit tougher than the climb and distance let's on; feels longer than 4 miles! Nonetheless, this is a rewarding ascent with some breathtaking views along the way. The trail can be a bit tough on your knees as you are constantly navigating over big rocks. bring sunscreen as there is limited cover.

This is a nice hike that is not steep but it is long. But it is worth going to the top. At the top there is a gift shop that sells food, soda, ice cream, t shirts, and other souveniers so bring some money. I did this when I was 11 so it is not that hard

We did the hike at 3:30am on August 10, 2017. Was an amazing hike. We brought headlamps and flash lights. By about 4:00 we didn't need to use them anymore. Got to the top at about 5:10. Sunrise was at 5:31am. Is said to be the first place the sun hits in the USA every morning. Was pretty awesome to experience!

Did this trail to see the sunrise at the top of Cadillac Mountain. Wasn't easy doing it in the dark, but giving myself a 2hr time frame worked! Wasn't heavily trafficked which was also nice! The trail marks were easily visible even with just a headlamp! I loved it!

I enjoyed this hike, the terrain was fun and changed a lot. There was some big rocks to climb, some smaller- there were some rooted areas and a lot of shade while hiking. I didn't go on a clear day, so I'll definitely do it again. If you're seeking a hike that's peaceful, this probably isn't the nature lovers route. It runs along the road that tour busses travel to bring tourists to the top. I found myself irritated that I was sucking up diesel fuel from traffic toward the top of the mountain, listening to traffic pass through. If you're looking for a get away in the woods to clear your head, it was heavily used trail- maybe the fall would be better time to go.

We hiked this trail the last weekend in July. No snacks were needed, since the path was lined with wild blueberries. The trail starts in shaded woods, then the trees thin out towards the summit, so you are walking in the sun but surrounded by breathtaking views. Quite a bit of the climb is over bare rock ledge, which had plenty of grip on a dry day. Rain just might make it a little slippery.
Trail is well marked with blue blazes and frequent rock cairns.
We started around 8:30 am and encountered very few other hikers, even though it was Sunday in peak visitor season. Seems that most people chose to drive up the auto road. Walking or driving, the vistas of the park and beyond are spectacular. Would definitely do it again. And again.