Cadillac Summit Loop Trail

Cadillac Summit Loop Trail is a 0.3 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Bar Harbor, Maine that offers scenic views and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 0.3 miles Elevation Gain: 45 feet Route Type: Loop

wheelchair friendly

stroller friendly

paved

Absolutely beautiful!!

I came on July 4th. It was very crowded, but not as crowded as I thought it would be. Spectacular views and multiple photo opportunities. I did not go to the official summit as it was almost 90°F at the top!

Nice easy walk with beautiful views. Kid friendly.

Very short easy trail. Good views from Cadillac.

Short and easy,great view of the bay.

Easy walk. Great views

you do have to pay to get in at least during the nice months. beautiful trail, and nice people

Cadillac, oh Cadillac. How you’ve stolen my heart so.

This hike is super easy and could be done by anyone. The morning we did this hike it was so foggy we couldn’t get any pictures or really enjoy the views but later in the afternoon the weather cleared and we were able to come back for a better experience. Highly recommended for an easy short hike.

Came back later in the day after the fog went away and the sun came out, and I’m so glad I did!!! It was cool the first time, but it was one of a kind the second. The perfect easy loop for any walker with the best views of Acadia National Park. If you come to Acadia National this trail and the Ocean Path are the two must sees.

Amazing view and a nice little stroll. Anyone can do this walk. We came on a slightly foggy day so couldn’t see the islands that well. Even still with the fog it wasn’t a disappointment. Will be back to see it again when it’s clearer.

Super easy hike. This hike is for the views which are spectacular! Go in the spring or fall because parking otherwise is very difficult.

Park the car and in 5 minutes you are enjoying spectacular views! Very windy!

Great walk, awesome view! Love Maine

Completed this hike on a warm day in late December. No crowds and no cars. Pack an extra layer for the top. Prepare for wind and exposure. All in all its a very nice and beautiful little loop.

Views are great, but really crowded. Tourist spot.

Though it’s said to be a “must see”, parking is not clearly marked on the way up, the top lot is tourist mayhem. “Trail” is a walking path with lots of people. Good to check it off the list, but not our favorite spot.

Stunning views, but very crowded.

great views and photo ops, but not really a hike, in my opionion.

Drove up to do this and it was ridiculously crowded. Definitely go early if you don't want to wait in a massive line of cars for parking. 360 views of Bar Harbor as you go around the loop and plenty of photo ops. Lots of rock edges where you can get different views/angles etc or just sit and have lunch.

Decent views; very crowded

Easy hike with 360 views for stunning sunrises and sunsets!

This is one of my favorite things to do in Acadia National Park but again I missed the sunset or sunrise from here on this trip. The view from the summit of Cadillac Mountain and from anywhere along this summit loop is absolutely memorable. One thing I did differently about this trip is to bring along a nice 70-300mm zoom lens so I was able to bring far away subject closer on this latest trip.

great way to see the world beneath you..breathtaking. the trail itself is easy.

I've done this loop three times now and will gladly do it again. On our last trip, we drove up to the summit and did this easy scenic summit loop. The view is the best in Acadia National Park. I can see far and wide, easily into Bar Harbor and all the ships nearby and the ocean beyond. You'll see spectacular Eagle Lake and Bubble Pond and part of Jordan Pond as well. I only wish I had a binocular on my last trip. I had a decent zoom lens on my camera, a Nikon 18-200mm lens and that was what I used to see distant subjects. My wife and daughter took a relaxing nap after our picnic. It was an absolutely memorable experience.

Cool views from the edges of this trail. With the mist rolling in it felt like a different planet. Definitely a must-visit for visitors to Acadia.

Quick easy trail, awesome insights to the area history on the posters along trail.

Spectacular views. Easy walk & fun to jump from rock to rock!

Very scenic with great views of our he region.