Cadillac Summit Loop Trail

Cadillac Summit Loop Trail is a 0.3 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Bar Harbor, Maine that offers scenic views and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

wheelchair friendly

This is one of my favorite things to do in Acadia National Park but again I missed the sunset or sunrise from here on this trip. The view from the summit of Cadillac Mountain and from anywhere along this summit loop is absolutely memorable. One thing I did differently about this trip is to bring along a nice 70-300mm zoom lens so I was able to bring far away subject closer on this latest trip.

great way to see the world beneath you..breathtaking. the trail itself is easy.

I've done this loop three times now and will gladly do it again. On our last trip, we drove up to the summit and did this easy scenic summit loop. The view is the best in Acadia National Park. I can see far and wide, easily into Bar Harbor and all the ships nearby and the ocean beyond. You'll see spectacular Eagle Lake and Bubble Pond and part of Jordan Pond as well.

I only wish I had a binocular on my last trip. I had a decent zoom lens on my camera, a Nikon 18-200mm lens and that was what I used to see distant subjects. My wife and daughter took a relaxing nap after our picnic. It was an absolutely memorable experience.

Cool views from the edges of this trail. With the mist rolling in it felt like a different planet. Definitely a must-visit for visitors to Acadia.

Quick easy trail, awesome insights to the area history on the posters along trail.

Spectacular views. Easy walk & fun to jump from rock to rock!

Very scenic with great views of our he region.

Beautiful views but VERY crowded during daylight hours (and sunrise/sunset)

Classic photo-op trail! Packed with touring groups and families. Great way to get the young ones excited about “next time hiking trip”

A fun little walk with your dog!

Such beautiful views on each side. I liked how there was plenty of space to walk/jump/monkey around on the rocks and you didn’t have to stick to a designated path. My mother broke her ankle a bout 2 months ago, and she didn’t have any trouble on this trail. The drive up was also so beautiful. It’s busy, but it’s a must.

Very crowded. Don't even think about it for sunrise or sunset.

Nice views but you won’t lack for company. Parking is horrible during peak times.

Nice and easy, but if it's cloudy visibility can be seriously limited.

lovely sunrise today but very busy. The loop is nice and easy to do

Kind of crowded considering the tour buses dropping off mad loads of people every hour or so. Though its better to go off the trail on your own away from the crowds and find a nice spot to sit and have lunch.

Tuesday, August 15, 2017

This was a crowded spot. Had an 8 hour overnight drive here and parked here at 430 am to watch sun come up from top of mountain. Very beautiful. Hiking this area is recommended as well.

Tuesday, August 08, 2017

3 stars because of how many people their were that just drove up, unlike us who hiked it up.

Monday, August 07, 2017

Easy and scenic trail which is good for all ages

Tuesday, August 01, 2017

Probably the most "touristy" part of the park, but worth the crowds as the area atop Cadillac is gorgeous and great terrain for the older kids to run off and explore.

Friday, July 28, 2017

Sorry hike with great views. Kids loved climbing on ask the rocks. Get here early to avoid some of the crowds.

Tuesday, July 04, 2017

very pretty trail, great for dogs.

Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Did this one today with my 10 month old daughter in a carrier on my back. She loved it. Even though it's a quick .4, still wear good shoes for traction as its rocky in some areas and you could easily trip.

Monday, June 05, 2017

Amazing views

Thursday, August 04, 2016

An easy half mile paved loop around the summit of the highest mountain on the Eastern Seaboard. It is also the first place in the United States to see the sun between October 7 and March 6. We caught a 5:09am sunrise in July, getting there a little early for a good spot. We were treated to an amazing show! And once people quickly clear out, you pretty much have the mountain to explore on your own (including other trails like Cadillac South, North and Gorge). We came back up to see the wonderful views at the end of the day as well!

Sunday, July 24, 2016

Visit in the early morning or just before sunset when the light accentuates the pink granite of Cadillac Summit. Paved aggregate walkway from the parking areas, there is plenty of room to find a solitary rock to reflect. One of the must do's in Acadia!

Saturday, July 09, 2016

A short easy trail (mostly paved) around the top of Acadia's highest peak, and possibly the best view in the park. There are several interesting plaques that offer information on the geology and the history of the area.

Get there early. The parking lot fills fast. There are bathrooms at the gift shop.

Tuesday, June 07, 2016