Burnt Meadow Mountain Trail

Burnt Meadow Mountain Trail is a 3.6 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Brownfield, Maine that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

The Blue trail starts at the very right most point of the grassy parking area directly off the road. The trail head sign is just inside the tree line - about 100 ft from the road. The Blue Trail named "North Peak Trail" will split and you have a choice of the "Blue Trail" or the "Yellow Trail (Twin Brooks Trail)". The Blue Trail is the most direct to the summit and most agressive climbing through woods trails and up rock faces. The Yellow Trail is longer and more gradual assecent to the top. Going up the Blue Trail and down the Yellow Trail will give you an easier decent. The Blue Trail can take about 3 hours round trip while going up the Blue Trail and down the Yellow Trail can take about 4 hours. The Yellow Trail has a nice spring and brooks along the trail.

Loved the hike! Unfortunately, lost my ray-bans. If anyone one comes across them, please contact my husband Jordan at jordanrmilne@gmail.com. Thank in advance!

I think this hike is on the aggressive side of moderate. Went up blue. Came down yellow. Dogs enjoyed it. Was difficult finding the yellow trail from the summit. I am an out of shape beginner

Did this hike earlier in the year and had trouble staying on the trail descending via twin brooks.
Did it again today (Labor Day) and I realized it's not that bad. As soon as you reach the top of the clear cut, just look to your left, and follow the yellow blazes. Looks like they've repainted some of them.
Still not a very attractive section of the trail, but I wouldn't avoid it just because of the logging that's been done.
I was able to do the whole thing this time without using my hands, which was somewhat satisfying.

Quite steep and challenging but it was great. Wish we had brought our lunch instead of just a snack because it took us much longer than we thought it would. We took the trail down that meanders through some recently logged woods which was well marked and quite enjoyable as well.

Fun! Loved this hike, blue trail ((North Peak) fairly rated "moderate." A little steep at the start and again at the top (just enough to make it a fun challenge, not treacherous). Took one hour up. Beautiful summit, not panoramic, but scoot on over for views on each side. We took Twin Brook Trail down (the yellow trail). As of August 21, 2017, this was clearly marked. This is longer (1.5 hours), it's twisty with several ups and downs. Easy to find trail head with parking lot off route 160. Enjoy!

Great hike, but go prepared! There's a steep rocky scramble at the end. You'll need good shoes and to be hands free. Definitely go up the blue trail and down the yellow unless you're a climber.

This was both of my Son's first mountain hike. We had a blast!

We took the blue/North Peak trail up. It was a great hike- lots of opportunity for beautiful views! You don't have to wait until the summit for a payoff. We took the yellow down to complete the loop. It was a more mellow trail than the blue but we enjoyed the variation in ecosystems. There has been logging done on the bottom part of the trail (as mentioned in other reviews) before it meets back up with the blue trail. We didn't have any trouble finding the yellow marks but you do have to look a little in the logging areas.