Burnt Meadow Mountain Trail

Burnt Meadow Mountain Trail is a 3.6 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Brownfield, Maine that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

The Blue trail starts at the very right most point of the grassy parking area directly off the road. The trail head sign is just inside the tree line - about 100 ft from the road. The Blue Trail named "North Peak Trail" will split and you have a choice of the "Blue Trail" or the "Yellow Trail (Twin Brooks Trail)". The Blue Trail is the most direct to the summit and most agressive climbing through woods trails and up rock faces. The Yellow Trail is longer and more gradual assecent to the top. Going up the Blue Trail and down the Yellow Trail will give you an easier decent. The Blue Trail can take about 3 hours round trip while going up the Blue Trail and down the Yellow Trail can take about 4 hours. The Yellow Trail has a nice spring and brooks along the trail.

Love this trail . Great view, a little rock climb at the top.

Only reason I didn't give it a better rating was because I took the twin brook trail, DO NOT TAKE THAT TRAIL. Loggers ripped it apart so it's very difficult to stay on the trail, also the markers are faded so they're hard to spot. Not to mention it's loaded with black flies. North peak trail is fine, easy to follow, shorter hike to the peak.

Neat waterfall and cool creek full of croaking frogs. Probably on the more difficult side of "moderate". Took blue trail out and yellow back. Exhausted by the end

Great hike in early spring. I wouldn't say moderate...harder I would say but great none the less! Blue trail on the way up and yellow back. Yellow is poorly marked in some areas and watch out for slippery leaves on the way down. Bring water...

Awesome views!

I agree that the YELLOW trail was tough to follow but not impossible. Just give yourself a little extra time for the half dozen or so places you'll need to hunt for a marker. Having a map and compass will keep you going in the right direction. Nice views from the top .. enjoy!

DO NOT HIKE THE YELLOWTRAIL!!!!!!!! As of right now you need to take the blue trail up and back. My mother are I just hiked this and while it was a very nice hike no one warned us they they took out all of the trees with the trail markers going down on the yellow trail. Luckily we stumbled upon some of the tree workers, otherwise we would have been screwed! I've never been lost hiking, please do not USE THE YELLOW TRAIL. The whole trail in general was not very well marked especially in the fall when the leaves are covering the trail. My mother and I played find the marker the whole time and couldn't enjoy it. We were very lucky to have found the tree workers. Never have been so scared in my life.

Short, but sweet. Has a little of everything; rock scrambles, views, etc...

Great hike with a beautiful view. It's a good trail for dogs with only a couple challenging spots.

Little disappointed in the summit.