Borestone Mountain Trail

Borestone Mountain Trail is a 3.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Guilford, Maine that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from June until September.

Very well maintained trail. An enjoyable 3 or 4 hour hike. The first half is a wooded trail with a moderate incline. The top has some somewhat challenging climbing above the tree line. Absolutely fabulous views on top. This loop sends you back on the road rather than the trail. If you want a more challenging hike, this trail can be done as an out and back.

Definitely difficult if your as out of shape as I am. The kids did much better. The views from the top were well worth the trek.

great hike but more challenging then I expected. incredible view from the top. Took about 3 hours to complete. Several stairs at the foot of the mountain which eventuallt turnwd into rock climbing. My 10 and 12 year old daughter's joined and we're pretty exhausted afterwards.

Very nice trail with beautiful scenery. I hiked this trail the day after I climbed Katahdin and still was blown away by the view. I definitely recommend taking the Base Trail to the visitor center from the parking lot rather than the access road. It is a fun trail and probably even a little bit quicker.

The beginning and end was quite steep but the view at the top was absolutely worth it. It took us about 3 hours to complete. On the way back from the visitors center we took the road instead of the trail, much easier on the legs. I would highly recommended this hike!

A beautiful and rewarding hike with a spectacular double peak payoff. I liked the place enough to make the summit the setting of my proposal to my fiancée this past October!

The view at the top is well worth the hike!. Check out the first peak... then head to the next. Weather was perfect and there were no mosquitoes.

This has always been a favorite of my. short hike with breathtaking views at the top!

Sunday, August 14, 2016

This is not a loop....an ascent to the pond where you can take a path or the gravel road then a hike with some scrambling at the top third to the first summit. The second summit takes another 15-20 min. Incredible views
We have hiked this multiple times over the past 50 years....even at 3:30 am when we were kids to see the sunrise ( what were we thinking)
Worth it

Monday, June 27, 2016

The trail overall wasn't difficult, but it's definitely not a loop. So scrambling back down the rocks is the worst part. The view at the top is absolutely worth it!

Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Saturday, June 04, 2016

The trail is NOT a loop according to the Audubon trail map and our experience after being there today. The Summit Trail is quite short but the ascent is steep. There are boulders and rocks to scramble at the top. The views are 360 degrees and spectacular. It has as nice a reward as any trail we have done. Oh, and don't forget fly spray - the mosquitos were fierce! There is a charge per person and a senior discount.

Sunday, April 17, 2016