Borestone Mountain Trail

Borestone Mountain Trail is a 3.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Guilford, Maine that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from June until September.

Very well maintained trail. An enjoyable 3 or 4 hour hike. The first half is a wooded trail with a moderate incline. The top has some somewhat challenging climbing above the tree line. Absolutely fabulous views on top. This loop sends you back on the road rather than the trail. If you want a more challenging hike, this trail can be done as an out and back.

Gorgeous wooded trails. Excellent snowshoeing environment!!

The 360 degree view at the top is nothing short of AMAZING! Starts out with some steeps, and there is a little scrambling at the top, but all in all well worth the time spent. Recommend this hike.

Steep incline for nearly the entire trail. Beautiful scenic summit but not such a leisurely hike because of the steady elevation change.

Nice intermediate level trail with some of the best 360 degree views I’ve seen. There is a small fee, which I do not recall reading about before I got there so just a heads up.

Really fantastic hike. You start out with a good amount of incline at the beginning if you take the base trail up.

Once you start the summit trail it gets tough, pretty much all at an incline. The last part is a bit deceiving. The boulder climbing doesn't initially look too high, but it goes on longer than it looks like from below.

The 360 degree views at the top are absolutely worth it. Incredible views towards the 100 Mile Wilderness.

the 360° views at the summit are amazing! It was a more difficult "moderate" rating than most trails dubbed "moderate", I've done. I look forward to summiting this peak again in the Fall.

A fun, challenging hike. Some cool rock climbing parts. The view at the top is a beautiful 360 degrees. It took 2.5 hours to the summit and back.

Moderate is a good description for difficulty, loved the double summit.

This is a great hike! There are areas a little tougher than others and I would not take small children past the visitor center.

Did this hike again on Sunday, 6/3, and it was well worth it as it is my first hike and I will be back in the fall.

My only question is in Maine the elevation is 1800 ft to the west ridge and 1900 ft at the east ridge so not sure of the elevation but well worth putting on your list.

Wife and I had a great hike. Mostly moderate with some slightly challenging areas. I wouldn't recommend for young children.

Absolutely amazing views. Slightly moderate incline but doable children may have a hard time going up the rock climb. A bit windy at the top but it is absolutely beautiful up there!!! The views say it all.

This is easily one of my favorite mountains! It has insanely gorgeous views and starts right off going uphill. I would warn that there definitely is more difficult once you get closer to the summit so just be prepared for that! You have to do some rock climbing but the view is worth it! And don't forget to bring some cash to help maintain the trail and bathrooms (which were the nicest bathrooms I have ever seen on a trail!)

Great hill to burn up the winter blues on snow shoes.... did it several times this past winter.

This was a beautiful trail with two ways to the base of the mountain. It has a sweet spot by a pond with picnic tables for lunch. You can walk across the top of the mountain for more great views. This was an awesome hike.

Great views! Great foliage in the Fall!

Great hike not too far from Monson. Starts easy on a gravel road with plenty of switchbacks. There are cutoffs if you don't want to do the switchbacks. Once you get past the ponds, the trail gets steeper. Fun scrambles near the false summit. Moderate to heavy traffic. Amazing views at the top.

Thursday, July 06, 2017

Definitely difficult if your as out of shape as I am. The kids did much better. The views from the top were well worth the trek.

Wednesday, July 05, 2017

great hike but more challenging then I expected. incredible view from the top. Took about 3 hours to complete. Several stairs at the foot of the mountain which eventuallt turnwd into rock climbing. My 10 and 12 year old daughter's joined and we're pretty exhausted afterwards.

Saturday, June 10, 2017

Saturday, June 10, 2017

Very nice trail with beautiful scenery. I hiked this trail the day after I climbed Katahdin and still was blown away by the view. I definitely recommend taking the Base Trail to the visitor center from the parking lot rather than the access road. It is a fun trail and probably even a little bit quicker.

Friday, June 02, 2017

The beginning and end was quite steep but the view at the top was absolutely worth it. It took us about 3 hours to complete. On the way back from the visitors center we took the road instead of the trail, much easier on the legs. I would highly recommended this hike!

Thursday, February 23, 2017

A beautiful and rewarding hike with a spectacular double peak payoff. I liked the place enough to make the summit the setting of my proposal to my fiancée this past October!

Monday, February 20, 2017

Wednesday, August 31, 2016

The view at the top is well worth the hike!. Check out the first peak... then head to the next. Weather was perfect and there were no mosquitoes.

Sunday, August 28, 2016

This has always been a favorite of my. short hike with breathtaking views at the top!

Sunday, August 14, 2016

This is not a loop....an ascent to the pond where you can take a path or the gravel road then a hike with some scrambling at the top third to the first summit. The second summit takes another 15-20 min. Incredible views
We have hiked this multiple times over the past 50 years....even at 3:30 am when we were kids to see the sunrise ( what were we thinking)
Worth it

Monday, June 27, 2016

The trail overall wasn't difficult, but it's definitely not a loop. So scrambling back down the rocks is the worst part. The view at the top is absolutely worth it!

Saturday, June 04, 2016

The trail is NOT a loop according to the Audubon trail map and our experience after being there today. The Summit Trail is quite short but the ascent is steep. There are boulders and rocks to scramble at the top. The views are 360 degrees and spectacular. It has as nice a reward as any trail we have done. Oh, and don't forget fly spray - the mosquitos were fierce! There is a charge per person and a senior discount.