Borestone Mountain Trail

Borestone Mountain Trail is a 3.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Guilford, Maine that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from June until September.

Very well maintained trail. An enjoyable 3 or 4 hour hike. The first half is a wooded trail with a moderate incline. The top has some somewhat challenging climbing above the tree line. Absolutely fabulous views on top. This loop sends you back on the road rather than the trail. If you want a more challenging hike, this trail can be done as an out and back.

Definitely difficult if your as out of shape as I am. The kids did much better. The views from the top were well worth the trek.

great hike but more challenging then I expected. incredible view from the top. Took about 3 hours to complete. Several stairs at the foot of the mountain which eventuallt turnwd into rock climbing. My 10 and 12 year old daughter's joined and we're pretty exhausted afterwards.

Very nice trail with beautiful scenery. I hiked this trail the day after I climbed Katahdin and still was blown away by the view. I definitely recommend taking the Base Trail to the visitor center from the parking lot rather than the access road. It is a fun trail and probably even a little bit quicker.

The beginning and end was quite steep but the view at the top was absolutely worth it. It took us about 3 hours to complete. On the way back from the visitors center we took the road instead of the trail, much easier on the legs. I would highly recommended this hike!

A beautiful and rewarding hike with a spectacular double peak payoff. I liked the place enough to make the summit the setting of my proposal to my fiancée this past October!