Blue Hill Trail is a 2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Blue Hill, Maine that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 2.0 miles Elevation Gain: 600 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Length and duration of trip varies, as there are many different trails to hike on including an access trail. Small man made footbridges and rock "staircase" occur during hike. People of all ages can hike Blue Hill Mountain and have fun doing it. Watchtower is no longer on mountain.

Good hike great weather, some tough spots up and down. Made it with a 9 yr old. Overall very fun hike. Think about an hr.

I had planned on staying local to hike, but I am very happy I changed my mind and took a ride to hike here. Walking through a field of flowers, before starting up the trail to the summit, was an unexpected start. Well worth the trip.

A great short hike with rewarding views! We did this trail in the winter using microspikes.

Stone staircase gets you onto the mountain. trails loop around the crown, passing by the foundation of what was once a fire watch tower (there's a cell phone tower on the mountain now). ascent/descent occasionally steep, often rocky. We hiked it shortly after Christmas, 2018, on a warm day so not much icy, but lots of wetness. A fun, relatively easy 2-hour hike. Nice views, dog-friendly.

Nice trail! Not overly trodden; Short time to get a view, and the views on top (in my opinion), are some of the best in the state!

A fairly easy fast hike with some great views. I've brought classes of students as young as 1st grade up here!

Oct 17th great little hike with a wonderful view .

Moderate, great views

An annual tradition. Great view as always.

Wednesday, July 04, 2018

beautiful wooded hike. there are several trails and all are nice.

Tuesday, July 03, 2018

Great hike

Monday, June 18, 2018

Very nice little hike. A couple of pretty steep spots but we were at the top before we knew it.

Sunday, April 29, 2018

Great hike for my family. Awesome views and some nice terrain.

Sunday, April 22, 2018

Moderate hike. Trail markers need improving. But it was a great day today.

Saturday, November 04, 2017

Great walk!!! Autumn colors made our walk be wonderful. The view is incredible.

Monday, September 04, 2017

Great hike. Had some great views at the top.

Friday, September 01, 2017

Great hike for my 4 and 6 year old boys. We went on the difficult trail and it was so fun for them without being too long.

Thursday, August 03, 2017

Great Trail. Great Views. Little Traffic. Looking forward to next time.

Wednesday, June 07, 2017

We hiked the Osgood Trail horseshoe. You won't find better views from the top and there's some neat trail architecture as well. I'll be back!

Thursday, April 27, 2017

Just found this hidden gem. i went in April with a friend. We went on a rainy,cloudy day so no beautiful views that others talk about but the hike in the woods is just as beautiful. We took the Hayes trail whish makes you work a little naviginf rocks. I plan on taking my family this summer.

Thursday, June 16, 2016

Awesome hike! Beautiful views!!!

Friday, April 29, 2016

Had the best day! This was my first hike of the season and the first time on this trail. The trail is well maintained and clearly marked. I met quite a few others all enjoying the trail today, including a small four-legged hiker. Wear good footwear. The trail has a combination of tree roots and rock steps. All totally doable. Breathtaking vista at the summit. A must see! And if the young lady who lost her baby's socks read this, I did find them and tucked them into the sign-in box at the head of the trail.

Saturday, March 12, 2016

After you cross the field, take the trail to the left... more challenging and well maintained. Excellant views from the top are toward Blue Hill and beyond to Bar Harbor mountains. As you descend, bare left on the trail for a comfortable return.

Thursday, August 20, 2015

It was a nice little trail. Some spots were a bit challenging but nothing too excruciating. My fiancé and I really enjoyed the fact that they have maps located in different areas so you know how close you get getting to the summit. Once at the top, you get a beautiful view of the ocean and mountains.

Wednesday, July 01, 2015

This is the closest "hike" near where I live. It's pretty and challenging but not too challenging as there are walking paths as well...if needed.

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

I enjoyed this hike with my husband. It was sunny and in the 80s the day we went. While it was a workout in certain spots, we made it up and back down in about 1 hr 20 mins. The view from the summit was stunning! I highly recommend this hike.