Blue Hill Trail

Blue Hill Trail is a 2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Blue Hill, Maine that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Length and duration of trip varies, as there are many different trails to hike on including an access trail. Small man made footbridges and rock "staircase" occur during hike. People of all ages can hike Blue Hill Mountain and have fun doing it. Watchtower is no longer on mountain.

We hiked the Osgood Trail horseshoe. You won't find better views from the top and there's some neat trail architecture as well. I'll be back!

Just found this hidden gem. i went in April with a friend. We went on a rainy,cloudy day so no beautiful views that others talk about but the hike in the woods is just as beautiful. We took the Hayes trail whish makes you work a little naviginf rocks. I plan on taking my family this summer.

Thursday, June 16, 2016

Awesome hike! Beautiful views!!!

Friday, May 27, 2016

Friday, April 29, 2016

Had the best day! This was my first hike of the season and the first time on this trail. The trail is well maintained and clearly marked. I met quite a few others all enjoying the trail today, including a small four-legged hiker.

Wear good footwear. The trail has a combination of tree roots and rock steps. All totally doable. Breathtaking vista at the summit. A must see!

And if the young lady who lost her baby's socks read this, I did find them and tucked them into the sign-in box at the head of the trail.

Saturday, March 12, 2016

After you cross the field, take the trail to the left... more challenging and well maintained. Excellant views from the top are toward Blue Hill and beyond to Bar Harbor mountains. As you descend, bare left on the trail for a comfortable return.

Thursday, August 20, 2015

It was a nice little trail. Some spots were a bit challenging but nothing too excruciating. My fiancé and I really enjoyed the fact that they have maps located in different areas so you know how close you get getting to the summit. Once at the top, you get a beautiful view of the ocean and mountains.

Wednesday, August 05, 2015

Wednesday, July 01, 2015

This is the closest "hike" near where I live. It's pretty and challenging but not too challenging as there are walking paths as well...if needed.

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Saturday, August 02, 2014

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

I enjoyed this hike with my husband. It was sunny and in the 80s the day we went. While it was a workout in certain spots, we made it up and back down in about 1 hr 20 mins. The view from the summit was stunning! I highly recommend this hike.

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Perfect for families with kids. My 3 year old made it up no problem (with a helping hand here and there).

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

I hike Blue Hill Mountain every year and so does my little sister who started at the age of 5. There are various trails and beautiful scenery. I would reccomend this hike to anyone just trying to get a feel for hiking and people who want to go on a nice little hike.