Blue Hill Mountain Loop

Blue Hill Mountain Loop is a 2 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Blue Hill, Maine that offers the chance to see wildlife. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking, trail running, and nature trips. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 2.0 miles Elevation Gain: 567 feet Route Type: Loop

I took the service trail up. It is the trail to the right of the map sign at the beginning. It is well paved with hand set granite stones much of the way up with a nice gradual ascent with switchbacks to make it pretty manageable. Beautiful views and bench for sitting at the top. Letter box is up the granite behind the bench. I followed the. Blue blazes and then opted for the Osgood trail on the way down for a two mile loop. There were not many people at all on a Friday late afternoon on the trail. Osgood pops out onto Mountain Road about a third of a mile away from the main Parking lot. No sign telling where to go to get back. This map was not much help either. Luckily I had met up with 2 people and our dogs were having a great time together. They clued me in to which direction my car was in ( Left ) The unexpected walk on road back to my car and cars driving way too fast by my dogs with only a gravel side to road is the only reason it only got 4 stars.

I took Hayes trail up and service road down for a 2 mile loop. Trail is pretty well marked, couple tricky spots, good cell/ gps service. Great view from the top....

Sun Aug 19 2018