Beech Mountain Loop Trail

Beech Mountain Loop Trail is a 1.2 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Mt Desert, Maine that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Acadia National Park P.O. Box 177 Bar Harbor, ME 04609-0177 Phone: 207-288-3338 Shipping Address Acadia National Park 20 McFarland Hill Drive Bar Harbor ME 04609-0177 More information: http://www.nps.gov/acad/contacts.htm

Loved it. Nice short hike with a good climb.

Good for kids. The fire tower at the peak is especially rewarding for the kids.

Great hike, and the views and terrain at the summit are fantastic.

Great views, fairly easy

see assa aa433

Hang a left at the loop fork and your in for close to a 400' ascent that's no joke! But the views from the top are spectacular. Today there was an open house at the fire tower where we were allowed to go into the tower which was very cool!

The views at the top by the fire tower were amazing. This trail was a little crowded for my taste. Take the longer route up and you will avoid a lot of the people.

Great hike. Not super hard but interesting enough with great and I mean GREAT views. Also much quieter then the "popular" hikes in Acadia.

This fire tower is definitely worth checking out. The Beech Mountain Loop trail is a little too short for my taste, so I took the Valley Trail, which is like walking through Jurassic Park, seriously. The Valley Trail nearly doubles the distance of this hike. I also went and viewed the Beech Cliffs afterwards which is definitely worth the extra 20 minutes of time. I wrote about all the options to visit these two iconic spots in Acadia on my latest blog post! https://trizzletravels.com/beech-mountain-trails/

Beautiful and quiet trail. It was foggy when we hiked, so we couldn't see many of the views, but the forest was just as beautiful. There's a neat old fire tower at the top to check out, too.

A relatively short, but moderately difficult, climb up to the fire tower and back. We are rookie climbers and had to "butt scoot" down some steeper rocks a handful of times.

Very fun hike. Lots of climbing over big rocky areas. The views from this trail were absolutely amazing! We added the Beech Cliffs Trail as well which was amazing with all the ladders and stairs. The fire tower at the top would have been much cooler if you could go to the very top.

Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Nice end of day hike. Great views. The shorter more steep route to the left was the better way to start.

Monday, September 19, 2016

Must do1

Monday, August 22, 2016

Fun hike, steep but quite enjoyable, even on a cloudy day

Monday, June 27, 2016

This was a great hike! We stumbled across it on accident, just driving around, and we were so glad we did! Breath taking views at the top and not a very difficult hike.

Saturday, August 29, 2015

Beautiful views, some fairly steep sections but this is a great hike for just about anyone! There is a fire tower at the top that you can climb up. The day we weren't there was a park ranger at the top answering visitors questions. Highly recommend this trail if you're in the area!

Thursday, August 13, 2015

Nice family hike with spectacular views. Our boys 4 and 5 loved the fire tower at the summit!

Tuesday, July 21, 2015

So unbelievably easy! Easy enough where I could run most of the way up with a 5-10 minute run down. Amazing views of Acadia and the firetower is a must!

Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Hike to the fire tower is an annual event. Great view of long pond. Easy climb

Monday, June 01, 2015

This was a lovely mild climb with great views throughout the hike. The trail gets quite buggy though, so I highly recommend bringing bug spray. I traveled with a group birding along the trail and saw lovely bursts of color; from golden-crowned kinglets, to blackburnian warblers, to the blue-headed vireo. Black-throated green warblers were singing along the entirety of the trail.

Saturday, September 13, 2014

On our last day on MDI we decided to check out this hike since it is short. We weren't disappointed, the views of Long Pond, Echo Lake, Bass Harbor, SW Harbor and surrounding mountains were awesome.

Monday, June 02, 2014

This is a great trail if you want lots of reward for relatively little work! We stopped along the trail and chatted with a ranger so, unfortunately, by the time we got to the top the fog had rolled in. It's definitely on our list to do again this summer!

Sunday, June 16, 2013

My wife and I hiked this trail today to the fire tower loop and enjoyed it. My wife doesn't hike a lot but she found it easy going. The views from the top were really nice today and it was calm as can be.

recorded beech mt Acadia