Beachcroft Path Trail

Beachcroft Path Trail is a 2.1 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Bar Harbor, Maine that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Acadia National Park P.O. Box 177 Bar Harbor, ME 04609-0177 Phone: 207-288-3338 Shipping Address Acadia National Park 20 McFarland Hill Drive Bar Harbor ME 04609-0177 More information: http://www.nps.gov/acad/contacts.htm

Great hike yesterday. The path after you cross the street was built with much care and fine placement of stone as it skirts up the steep side of mt Huguenot head in the way to Champlain. Some nice cliff places and good views. There is another up to summit if Champlain mostly along open granite sections. Good views from the top.

I loved this trail. The rocks were wet, so my mother and daughter did not make it to the top. Very slippery when wet! When I got to the top, I was above the clouds and it was incredible! I was the only person up there. The rest of my party went later in the day and the clouds were gone, so I guess I got lucky with my view!

I’ve done this trail quite a few times. I did it earlier today with my sister who isn’t the most enthusiastic hiker but does enjoy getting outside, and she enjoyed herself. The bottom of the trail is made of rocks lined up for easy stepping and climbing. When you get closer to the summit it gets slightly steeper and evens out. If you’re an experienced hiker I would rate this as easy but for people somewhat less experienced I could see this being moderate.

The views going up are well worth it. It isn’t heavily trafficked, and the summit is fairly empty when the precipice trail is closed for nesting season. It’s fairly quick and safe, and I would definitely recommend it!

My favorite trail on MDI! Done it a few times, and I'm not sure I'd say that it's highly trafficked. Nice views the whole way up.

One of the nicer trails in Acadia especially during the fall.

Fun hike with beautiful views. Ended up taking North Ridge trail down to make it a loop. Excited to try other hikes in the area!

Awesome trail

Saturday, July 08, 2017

This was one of my favorite hikes in Acadia. Good shoes are a must and don't attempt this climb if it's wet. Lots of granite steps, rock scrambling and steep granite. Very strenuous. Our 9 and 12 year olds made it up just fine. The views at the top are amazing. The summit is a great place for a picnic. The trail was very lightly traveled. We had the summit to ourselves for over an hour.

Wednesday, May 31, 2017

I would definitely recommend this hike...strenuous, but not too long. There are definitely places where you will need to scramble up the rock face and at times, during the last half mile, the trail is not well marked. You will need to look for cairns. I would not attempt this hike in inclement weather - there is a lot of sheer and exposed rock that you have to maneuver. Definitely wear proper gripping footwear.

Also, I had my dog with me. She is athletic and was able to leap up the trickier places...but if you have a small dog, or more lumbering one, I would not recommend this for them. To call it dog friendly is a bit of a stretch...doable, yes if you want to give them a helping hand...just not friendly.

All that being said, the views were great.

Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Hiked this from the top (Champlain) down. If coming up from Otter Creek road, you will encounter the "stairs" first. An awesome engineering feat (made with hand tools). Some technical sections with 3 point hands and feet required. There are smooth faced rock inclines that require grippy footwear near Huguenot Head. Do not attempt in the rain without. This is one of my favorites in Acadia. =Strenuous

Monday, April 18, 2016

The hike was strenuous but totally worth it. Gorgeous views all the way up. The view from the top was one of the most gorgeous views I've ever seen. Endless view of the Atlantic with mountains surrounding. Definitely my favorite hike in Maine so far.

Sunday, October 05, 2014

Parking area on rt 3 north of the tarn lake to the summit of Champlain via the beachcroft trail 1.2 miles. This section is classic Acadia manicured path with many steps and rock ways that switch back up the exposed west face of Champlain. Moderately steep. Summit to park loop road via the north ridge trail, 1 mile. Easy grade down the north shoulder or ridge of my Champlain through granite slabs and pine woods. Park loop road (walking against traffic) to rt 3 bridge returning to parking area at the tarn lake, .8 miles passes a beautiful beaver pond. This would have been a perfect hike, except that we did it in fowl weather with rain and fog. Made for some slippery footing especially on the slabs at the top. Still the setting was perfect and the hardest grade would be on the beachcroft trail at moderately steep. Hope to do this one agin in better weather!

Sunday, July 28, 2013

This trail is rated at moderate to strenuous. I would say it is more strenuous than moderate, however. Make sure you have plenty of water, and try not to do this one in 90 degree weather like I did haha. It has spectacular views once you reach the top. As another reviewer stated, you do need to use your hands to crawl up the rock face at certain points. Not the most clearly marked trail at times either. The blue blazes are spread a little far at times causing you to think you are not going in the right directions. Follow the cairns. This hike is not for the faint!

Saturday, April 06, 2013

One of the tougher trails with places of ledges that you almost have to crawl up lol. Views are nice and worth the hike.

recorded Beachcroft Path Trail