Bald Rock Mountain Trail

Bald Rock Mountain Trail is a 3.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Lincolnville, Maine that offers the chance to see wildlife. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking and cross country skiing. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 3.4 miles Elevation Gain: 833 feet Route Type: Loop

This is a great hike if you’re like me and learning about hiking in snow and ice. There’s nothing majorly steep but there’s a few places that make you pay attention. I had 2 great hikes up this in snow and ice recently.

easy hike with beautiful sunrises and open year-round

This was a great hike under perfect conditions. It was reasonably short and took about 45 minutes to summit. Great views at the top with fall foliage at its peak.

Wow!! This was such a great hike. The woodland area is amazing and the views at the summit are breathtaking. Especially with the foliage!!

so worth it!

Good, short hike. Great view and end but the trip to get there was very wooded.

This is a GORGEOUS hike. We arrived early but were beat by many cars. We met 3 sets of people on the way up. The views were AWESOME. Noon came and so did the many, many people. If you like solitude get here early! Party of folks or not, this is a worthwhile hike.

We love this hike. Just enough steepness for a bit of a workout. Pretty forest, fantastic views at the summit. Lots of people, dogs ( on and off leash), some horses on the wide multipurpose access path and snowmobiles in winter.

On a rainy day - slippery and very foggy, other wise nice loop.

Great quick hike, awesome views on a clear day today.

Beautiful view for not much work!

beautiful, glorious, worth the hike

Great hike! Trails and access road for this whole collection of trails are very well maintained. Very dog friendly!

This is definitely a good hike and something I would do again. The view is worth it at the top. I would say it’s a moderate trail but not overly strenuous.

My friend and I hiked this today. She wore her toddler on her back. We took the steeper trail up first which was great because it would have been difficult to come back down in certain spots due to incline. The trail was very well marked. Beautiful views at the summit!

This was a great hike today....although it pushed me to my old lady limits! Ha, no it wasn't that bad and the views at the top were worth every step. Trail in great shape...two little muddy spots, but mostly dry. Now the black flies were another story. Those vicious things almost carried me away. They loved my essential oil bug spray. Thank goodness for the kind gentleman on the trail that offered up his Bens..

Well marked trails, and only muddy in a few spots which isn’t bad considering the time of year. Good views of the coast atop the summit, even on a mostly cloudy day.

Perfect trail for a winters hike. Only a couple / three miles long. We went out and back on the bald rock trail. Great little workout on a very sunny, crisp 27F day.Views across the water at the top are worth it. As always be prepared with footwear etc We had spikes and boots for the sometimes icy conditions. Highly recommend this as a winter hike.

Fri Jan 18 2019

great hike!! unfortunately no views today due to the snow but it made the entire hike so beautiful!!

Wed Nov 07 2018

Amazing panoramic views of the bay.

Tue Aug 07 2018

as one reviewer said, best views of penobscot bay. we hiked mt battie the day before and its wayyyy better. the north side of the loop shares a trail to mt frolock, so dont let that throw you off. its also less traveled, so a nice walk

Sun Aug 05 2018

We didn't think the views from Mt. Battie summit could be beat until we did this hike. It was fairly short, and we took the out and back which was said to have a more gradual ascent. No scambling required. The view from the top was spectacular. Photos can't do it justice. As we sat on a rock resting and taking it all in an eagle glided by right in front of us.