Bald Peak Trail

Bald Peak Trail is a 4.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near West Bridgton, Maine that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and snowshoeing and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

1975 feet

This blue-blazed trail is accessed from Mountain Road and has a 1,900 foot elevation gain. The trail leads up to Big Bald Peak and then swings south to Pleasant Mountain's summit.

Really nice hike, the first mile is all elevation and the traverse over to the main summit is beautiful. 3rd time up Pleasant Mtn and this might be my favorite trail. Trail was in great shape and mosquitoes were at a minimum. Blue markers were great and the view is great!!

Great trail. As others have said, the first mile gets the heart pumping. The trail is very well marked and the summit is well worth the effort. The hike from Bald Peak to the fire tower on Pleasant Mountain is a great, mostly flat stroll with amazing views to the East and West.

Not for beginners. The first 1.4 miles is a workout, the last mile to the Summit is fairly level and worth the view. Very well marked by the blue markers, without them, I may have found myself lost a few times.

Great trail!!!

Love this hike. So steep in the beginning, but nice hike across the Mountain to the main summit.

First time hike on this trail. Pretty aggressive terrain, awesome hike! My son really liked it and Gunner (mans best friend) loved it as well! I'd recommend this hike to anyone!

Sunday, June 04, 2017

I thought this was a really challenging and fun hike.
Lots of complaints about mosquitos along the way, but that's just kind of a given in spring. Ticks are another story...watch out!
At about 1300' I came to the sign for Sue's Way. .5 miles ->
Sounded harmless enough, so I veered off to the right, and it was a pretty brutal .5 mile. You gain about 500', but you work for it going up this steep creek bed. The sun was glaring on me because there was no tree cover over the creek, and the mosquitos were swarming over me and I was out of breath and my legs were weak.
Finally, it leveled off and I emerged at the chair lift for Shawnee Peak.
The breezes plus a drink and a snack revived me and I was on my way.
The North Ridge Trail heads right from the ski area, or you can descend Sue's Way and rejoin Bald Peak Trail for you ascent.
I went right, and it's a nice section. Here you first see huge slabs of rock, pines stunted by the wind and great views of Mt. Washington.
Bald Peak itself is awesome. There are plenty of rocky overlooks where you can soak in different views and catch your breath.
From there it was a series of up and down hiking between smaller peaks along the ridge through forest.
Eventually it connects with the Fire warden's Trail (which I hiked years ago, and found it to be longer and much less interesting) just shy of the summit.
Here you will find some bare ledges, a fire tower, other hikers emerging from other trails and tremendous, sweeping views of wooded valleys and distant peaks.
I suffered physically, but then I'm out of shape. The rewards were worth it.

Sunday, April 30, 2017

Part of Pleasant Mountain, this trail rocks. Pretty steep for the first hour or so, but manageable. Took us about 3 hours (with breaks) to get to the main summit. And a little over 1 hour back down. Beautiful views if you don't want to do the whole hike. Would highly recommend.

Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Beautiful views the whole way

Friday, December 02, 2016

This is a steep climb to the Bald Peak summit. The trail does continue to the summit of Pleasant Mountain. The first mile follows a mountain stream with plenty of waterfalls along the way.

recorded Bald Peak Trail