Bald Pate Mountain Trail

Bald Pate Mountain Trail is a 3.4 mile loop trail located near Bridgton, Maine that features beautiful wild flowers. The trail is good for all skill levels offers a number of activity options. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

The 6.7 mile hiking trail network offers a variety of easy to moderately difficult trails. Approximately 300' elevation gain form the parking lot to the 1100' summit. The trails at Bald Pate Mountain offer scenic views, a forest returning from past timber harvests and ice-storm damage, a unique pitch pine habitat with fragile soils at the summit, and a haven for wildlife. The trails are described below. Bob Chase Trail / Scenic Loop (0.8 miles, easy-moderate): This trail is marked with blue trail markers and is a shared cross-country ski trail in the winter. There is a 300 foot elevation gain leading up to several nice lookouts of the surrounding area. Foster Pond Lookout Trail (0.7 miles, easy): This trail is marked with red trail markers and is a shared XC ski trail in winter. As the name suggest the trail leads to the Forest Pond Lookout. South Face Loop Trail (1.5 miles, moderate): Marked with orange, this loop has 370 foot elevation gain and leads to several viewpoints including the summit of Bald Pate Mountain. Moose Trail (1.0 mile, easy): Marked with yellow, this trail circumvents the northern base of Bald Pate Mountain and connects the northern trailhead with the southern slopes of the mountain. A small portion near the trailhead is also a shared XC ski and ATV trail. Pate Trail (0.1 miles, moderate): Marked with green, this trail offers a more direct and steeper path from the Micah Trail up to the peak of Bald than South Face Loop Trail. There is a 360 foot elevation gain. Micah Trail (0.6 miles, easy): Marked with white, this trail offers access to the southern face of Bald Pate from the trailhead and parking on Moose Cove Lodge Road. Town Farm Book Trail (2.0 miles, moderate): The trail is marked by purple trail markers and connects Bald Pate Mountain with the Holt Pond Preserve managed by the Lakes Environmental Association. This trail can additionally be accessed via Town Farm Road from the east. The groomed cross-country ski trails that overlap portions of the property are maintained by Five Fields Farm and require a fee to use the trails.

Accurately rated as easy, though there are a few steep points where old pups or people with weak knees might struggle. Beautiful lookout points. The whole loop-de-loop that AllTrails lays out here took us just under two hours, including short stops to take in the views.

Great trail! Easy to find and plenty of parking. The trails are well marked and the views were beautiful!

great views, good exercise.

Went today with my husband, two kids (11 and 13 year olds) and our dog. We as a family go multiple times a summer to these trails. Love this hike. Wonderful day, hot at the top but so worth it.

Great hike with 9 year old, 6 year old, and dog. Took the Boys Chase Loop up to the summit. Awesome payoffs along the way for such a reasonable hike. Would recommend it to anyone with kids.

We did the Bob Chase trail for an easy 1.5 mile quick hike. If you’re short on time, it’s a well marked trail, very pretty through beech and birch forest with beautiful views and wild Blueberries at the summit.

Great hike with beautiful views!

I started hiking last week and this is my second hike. All the trails are up and down for a nice leg workout. Some nice views. My Dog enjoyed it. Hardly any bugs and my Dog only had one tick. Good hike for the young and older folks.

Great mountain! Many trails! Hiked with my 6 year old- very steep at some parts in the loop he fell quite a bit- we made a walking stick and held hands at those parts and he did well. :)

Nice trails and plenty of options to loop around. Also there is a large parking lot. Keep in mind the bugs were pretty bad at the bottom and top and I did have a tick on me when I got home so bring plenty of bug spray! Overall I would definitely recommend and will come back as I live only about 30 minutes away.

Quick hike with beautiful views from the summit! We took the Bob Chase Trail up to the summit and it was well-marked and well-maintained!

Nice little hike. The green trail was a little too steep for the two 10 year old boys we had with us, but the rest of the hike was nice.

Excellent hike with a spectacular view from many spots. Some sort of large bird nest near the summit and saw two large white tail deer near the top. LOVED this hike!

The South Face Loop is VERY challenging in snow shoes for a newbie!
I will return!

Sad to say we lost the trail log container at the summit to the recent wind storm. It now lays on the ground near its original location. The booklet is now exposed to the rain. If someone would like to bring some tools and a new notebook to place the container on a new tree then that would be great.

Great trails, well marked and met a couple other hikers that were very friendly. Our lakeland terrier enjoyed the steeper climbs and meeting others dogs. Beautiful views from the peak.

Great hike! Bob Chase trail is great for kids and takes you to the summit. Pretty views. We did South face loop trail first. Which was a moderate hike and probably tough for little kids. Many trails to pick from. We will definitely be back.

Monday, August 14, 2017

Easy trail overall. Good for leashed dog. Adding Pate Trail in middle of South Face loop adds some good incline back to summit, versus the more gradual incline of other approaches. Bugs weren't bad today. Great views!

Sunday, August 06, 2017

Great hike with a fairly gradual incline to the summit up the South Face loop off of the Michah trail until about the last 1/4 mile where it became a little steeper. Beautiful summit view!

Monday, July 31, 2017

I wanted an easy hike to do with my dogs. Bonus. Blueberries at summit

Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Peaceful summit.

Thursday, July 13, 2017

Nice quick hike, spent about an hour and a half on the mountain observing the sunset over the mountains... and log book at the summit. But beware of ticks and tuck pants into your socks to protect yourself

Friday, June 16, 2017

nice and off the beaten path.

Saturday, June 03, 2017

quick and easy and close to my home so I do this one often. nice place for a quick lunch with a view or to walk the dog:)

Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Today was my first time at this mountain. I chose the Bob Chase trail, as it seemed the easiest and I had my toddler with me. It was a quick and easy hike with some decent views. The trail was also marked very clearly, which was extremely helpful. I'll definitely be back again to check out some or the other trails.

Tuesday, December 06, 2016

Decent trail for sure! We did Bob Chase to Foster Pond Lookout, back up to Bob Chase Scenic Loop to the South Face Loop trail, and then up Pate trail to the summit. (We didn't realize the summit was 20 yards away from where we turned right to South Face loop).

South Face was a steep trail down because there was snow on the ground, and we decided just to do half of it by taking Pate up, but it was worth it because there is a beautiful rock ledge half way up the Pate trail! Will probably come back here and try to do the whole South Face trail :)

Thursday, October 27, 2016

Not to be confused with bald pate and table rock in grafton notch! This is a very short, easy hike. Slightly disappointing after an hour drive in terms of challenge. But still a beautiful, quiet trail. Well marked. Can go from parking lot to summit in 15 minutes or do a few little loops to make it last longer. Nice for the dog!

Saturday, October 08, 2016

I really enjoyed this mountain. The intertwining Trails and slight incline was perfect. The view of the foliage of the summit was awesome.

Sunday, September 25, 2016

Excellent family hike with good views.

Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Good parking. Moderate trail, but can be easy. Well marked, great views at summit.