Androscoggin Riverlands is a 3.9 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Turner, Maine that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Nice trail with dogs.

Parking was hard to find. Our GPS didnt bring us to the exact location so we had to try and find it ourselves. Once there there was a huge dirt parking lot with a sign at the beginning. The trails were kinda hard to read, and we ended up walking past the bathrooms thinking it was one trail and came to a dead end behind someone's house. So we turned around and went the other way. Majority of the trails are shared by ATVs (there were none when we went midweek/midday). I only wish the ATV trail signs had what trail you were walking on vs. where the trails were heading. We kinda guessed our way back. I would defiently go back for a day of ATV riding! The trails were fairly flat and dry.

Was unsure where to park at first, almost drove past the driveway (right after the state park sign). Very large parking (great for trucks and trailers with ATVs where it's an ATV trail system). Walked all the way across the parking lot thinking it was a trail past the bathrooms. Very very short; comes out behind someone's house. Turned around and took Homestead trail. I wish there was trail signs near the ATV trail signs or at least said on the ATV trail signs what trail was where...

We've gone there twice from the north entrance. Once hiking and once snow shoeing. Both times we had the picnic table at the field to ourselves. Nice to have an outhouse at the beginning and at the field.

Lots of trails crossing back and forth over themselves, hard to stick with a trail. We loved the old foundation near the water in the middle of no where.

Sunday, August 07, 2016

Great geocaching and hiking. Some areas good for the dog being off leash. Bring bug spray!

Friday, May 13, 2016

Nice trails, beautiful views. I hiked with my three young children and they had a great time. We are active hikers but it was an easy trail to navigate, a good mix of worn paths and rocks/roots. My kids enjoyed those. Lots of ATVs on the main road but otherwise a nice hike, we will def be back to hike it again!

Sunday, November 29, 2015

Everything starts from one multi-purpose trail. There are a few smaller designated hiking trails that branch off from this. The homestead (.9 Miles) and Porcupine trail (1.5 Miles) both lead to the meadow picnic area which has good views of the river. It really stuck out here that people really don't care much about others in the park. Leash your dogs! Dogs are allowed here, but not without a leash.

Monday, July 30, 2012

Very nice place with 2 entrances. North entrance has a nice large parking lot while the Southern entrance only has space for about 6 vehicles. If you go there you may want to wear a hat and mosquito net if hiking. If on a 4 wheeler you may not need it but I always wear one as well as long pants and long sleeved shirt, just sayin'. I have done most of the North end and find it fairly neat but the Southern end when I was there needed some trail maintenance. Hunting is allowed in there so hiker be aware.

Saturday, October 14, 2017