Acadia Mountain Trail

Acadia Mountain Trail is a 2.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Mt Desert, Maine that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

paddle sports

Loved it wish I would of had time to stop and enjoy the views more

A fun loop trail with decent views. Good for kids. Ours are 5 and 7 and had no problem doing this hike.

Moderately difficult. Recommend you hike it CW so as to view Somes Sound when going downhill. The fire road was a yawner.
Note - The Valley Cove Trail is currently closed.

Did this trail a few years back, nice vistas and a good moderate hike. Challenging but not as crazy as the iron rung trails.

Great hike, but not really "easy". You did have to watch your step as there was some scrambling to get your footing. It was beautiful though.

Everything in Acadia is beautiful but I wasn't really blown away by any means. Still a nice hike.

This was a fun, short hike but it should not be labeled "Easy." There is a lot of scrambling on the back side. It's not strenuous, but it is challenging. If you aren't into scrambling, I would not recommend this. And I don't know how you would get a dog down the backside.

Agree that this might be more moderate but amazing, easy short hike. Definitely recommend

Friday, November 25, 2016

Nice, short end-of-day hike. Views are great from the top. Would probably rate this more as moderate, just because of the steps. But good family hike.

Friday, November 11, 2016

Great loop hike with nice views. Good for all skill levels and easy to follow.

Thursday, October 06, 2016

Very well maintained trail. Excellent trail markers. Great views. Dog friendly- we brought our German Shepherd and it was a great hike for all of us.

Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Amazing!

Wednesday, September 21, 2016

As an avid hiker and lover of Acadia hikes (rock scrambles) I really enjoyed this hike though I would suggest anyone who is not good at Rock scrambles do this trail as an "out and back" from the west side (parking lot) the east slope has some _difficult_ down climbs for the inexperienced. Doing a loop counter clock wise would be better as it's easier to get up the hard spots then it is down. I very much enjoy this kind of "climbing" but others who are timid may not. We also brought our 85# male greyhound with us and though we managed it, he didn't enjoy it, (He is a strong 4-5 mile hiker). Dogs that do this part of the trail should be agile and strong. Going down some of the rock ledges can be quite technical for them.

Saturday, September 17, 2016

As new to Maine and not used to any trail with "Mountain" in the title I was a little hesitant. But this trail was recommended by a coworker and was very nice. I would recommend it to anyone!
(There was trail maintenance going on, which added a detour and about a half an extra mile!)

Tuesday, August 09, 2016

A good easy trail for adults and kids

Thursday, July 28, 2016

It was a nice hike with the whole family. Access is good. Parking was tricky. The trail was not crowded at all. I guess people tend to focus on some of the more high profile trails on the island. We had a great time. if you have young hikers in your group, bring a lot of water with you.