A. Murray Young Path via Canon Brook and Dorr South Ridge Trail

A. Murray Young Path via Canon Brook and Dorr South Ridge Trail is a 7.6 kilometer lightly trafficked loop trail located near Bar Harbor, Maine that features a lake and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

7.6 km
370 m

This hike is a good workout. I would recommend wearing hiking boots and bringing 1 pole wouldn’t be a bad idea. We did it right after it rained and didn’t have much of a problem. Some boulders were slick and watch out for the black lichen. You are rewarded with a fabulous view of Cadillac Mt. to your left and the harbor and ocean to your right. I only gave it a four because I was dinner for 10 mosquitos. Bring bug spray to be on the safe side!

Do not go here after rain like I did and nearly kill yourself. Super steep and not heavily traveled. I literally almost died as the rocks were slippery from the rain the day before!

Friday, April 05, 2013

Really neat with all the huge boulders you want rocks this is it!

Monday, May 25, 2015