A. Murray Young Path via Canon Brook and Dorr South Ridge Trail

hardYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray Star(15)
Acadia National Park

A. Murray Young Path via Canon Brook and Dorr South Ridge Trail is a 4.7 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Bar Harbor, Maine that features a lake and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 4.7 miles Elevation Gain: 1,213 feet Route Type: Loop

This trail is very beautiful with a lot of great boulders to climb and several water features. Great yellow Fall foliage, as well.

I did this counter clockwise, definitely would do it again but clockwise. I had a 75 lb lab with me who is very good at hiking and rock hopping, but would suggest unless you feel like carrying you heavy dog in some sections of the a murry trail , I would not suggest this , but otherwise it was a great hike ! Not hard as far as humans go.

Fri Jul 06 2018

This hike is a good workout. I would recommend wearing hiking boots and bringing 1 pole wouldn’t be a bad idea. We did it right after it rained and didn’t have much of a problem. Some boulders were slick and watch out for the black lichen. You are rewarded with a fabulous view of Cadillac Mt. to your left and the harbor and ocean to your right. I only gave it a four because I was dinner for 10 mosquitos. Bring bug spray to be on the safe side!

Thu Jul 20 2017

Do not go here after rain like I did and nearly kill yourself. Super steep and not heavily traveled. I literally almost died as the rocks were slippery from the rain the day before!

Fri Apr 05 2013

Really neat with all the huge boulders you want rocks this is it!

Sat Jun 16 2018