Wild Azalea Trail is a 23.9 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Woodworth, Louisiana that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 23.9 miles Elevation Gain: 1,745 feet Route Type: Point to Point

bike touring

beach

bridge out

Good trail in Louisiana to get some practice with elevation gains. Not super high but at least gives you a workout. To note: Camp sites are spaced pretty far apart if you are backpacking

3 great campsites. Pretty hot in late May

Well marked and very well maintained. We are new to hiking and we did it in two days. We found it more challenging than expected. One thing we noted was that the trail difficulty stated on the map seemed almost arbitrary. One of the most difficult sections we encountered was labeled “easy,” while a section labeled “difficult,” posed no problem at all. Overall, we enjoyed the experience and we look forward to going back.

Great trail- we hiked 24-21 there were a couple creeks and it was an easy trail to hike. We loved it! Two adults, a dog, two 10 year olds and an 8 year old!

Hiked miles 24-22 of this trail. 2.0 miles one way. Easy hike.

Nice trail. Group of 11 people 7 being kids. Couple of bridges and nice clear creek. Had a great time!

very well kept trail with several parking spots to start wherever you would like to start/stop along it. fairly easy and gradual elevation changes. still a little early for the azalea blooms.

Did 6 miles today, Good well marked trail narrow muddy in spots but negotiable, good up / downhill, cant wait to do the rest when we have time.

Sick trail for MTB, running, and hiking! Pros: beautiful trees, plants, and flowers everywhere. Lots of shade. A good amount of clear streams along the way. Most of the uphill was relatively easy and the downhill was fun and challenging! Cons: It was really muddy in some spots, the bugs were gnarly, and I ran into a lot of spider webs. Def bring your glasses! Overall it was a wonderful trail and I can't wait to go back!

This was a 1st for myself and my girls but we're loved every second of it. We only got to do from Valentine Lake to highway 488. But it was beautiful and perfect trail to learn on.

The trail was in absolute fantastic shape. Especially considering the hard down pour the day before. A 15 mile day hike was perfect on this trail.

Took my boys out for a short hike and well worth it. Beautiful day on a beautiful trail.

Trail was in amazing shape. Even with the tornado damage around 1.5. Thanks to the USFS for keeping our Kisatchie healthy

Awesome segment of the WAT.

Great trail! We had a little muddy spots at the beginning, but could walk around them no problem. We were worried because it rained the day and night before. But great drainage. Temperature was 46 degrees with a little wind, buT were very comfortable. Only thing missing no azalea blooming at all.

This trail is relaxing & the trees are beautiful, but there's not much to see this time of year. I saw three white-tailed deer, but that's about it. I'm sure it's beautiful when the azaleas are in bloom. I posted a video to YouTube. You can find it by searching for Nash Potatoes Outdoor Show. Enjoy!

Backpacked the trail last weekend. Very well marked and maintained on the section we did. Found great camping spot near clean water. Some elevation throughout. Great trail

Quick out and back.

Now that the weather has turned cooler, this is a great hike! I hiked 3.1 miles out and back from the Lake Valentine trail head, for 10K total. Started early on a Saturday and only saw 2 others hiking.

Trail from the Evangeline primitive camp area west is getting dangerous. Reported trail conditions to the forestry service about the condition of the trail trail. Told them someone was going to get hurt.

Beautiful trail, well marked, but a little overgrown in some places. I entered at the Woodworth trailhead parking area on Castor Plunge Road, but BE WARNED, when I got back to my car the next day all of my tires were stolen... so that really sucked. I recommend parking at Woodworth Town Hall and walking the 1.7 miles through a residential area to get to the trailhead, just for the added safety of your vehicle.

Sat Apr 06 2019

Started at the Twin Bridges rd Trail Head. Hiked segment 4 of the WAT and then made a loop by hiking FS rd. 273 back to the trail head.

Sun Mar 24 2019

Well maintained with a couple of muddy spots. We only went 5.5 miles in from the Woodworth trailhead. Many of the azaleas we're in bloom and there were some sections where they were just beginning to bud. The trail must moderate because of its length, there was little elevation changed in the section we hiked but it was enjoyable nonetheless. We crossed over several roads which took away from the secluded feeling of hiking and you could often hear cars driving by. on the hike out we could hear many guns shots from hunters nearby also taking away from the quiet of the space. Overall it was great and we'll be back to hike more of it.