Valentine Lake Nature Trail

Valentine Lake Nature Trail is a 1.8 mile loop trail located near Elmer, Louisiana that features a lake. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and birding. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Beautiful way to enjoy the change seasons. Easy to walk. I have limitations, but still walk it regularly.

Cute little trail. Wanders around a lake and then into a forest. Perfect for testing out gear or bringing kids along.

Nice, easy trail. A little overgrown in parts but easy to follow. Trail head is accessed through a campground. Two dogs were in our group and they made it fine.

Husband and I took our two boys 9 and 7 on this trail. It is fairly easy. It is grown up in spots but we enjoyed ourselves.

I haven’t been yet so this is not a review of the trail but a review of some of the reviewers.
If you have time to tap a star rating for a review please take the time to jot a few notes as to why you gave the said star rating. Otherwise it means nothing. One persons “1” star is another’s “4” so please...

I enjoy loop trails and lake views. This trail offers both. We saw a deer, found the trail to be well-maintained and marked. It had rained just previously and we were able to walk the trail with no difficulty.

Friday, November 10, 2017

I was thoroughly disappointed with the trail. Poorly maintained and very little to see except when you step away from the lake and deeper into the woods. Not a fan.

Monday, January 15, 2018