Twin Canals is a 1.3 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Marrero, Louisiana that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and bird watching.

Distance: 1.3 miles Elevation Gain: 13 feet Route Type: Out & Back

closed

Note: It has been reported this trail has temporary closures due to COVID-19. Please see the park's website for up to date information.

Its a peaceful trail. Saw a few snakes, alligators, birds and lizards. Would definitely like to go again.

Wed May 15 2019

This is one of the more primitive/secluded trails. Lots of snakes after it rains. Even saw some baby gators. Didn’t make it to the end due to an angry little copperhead in my path that I didn’t want to disturb. Very pretty.

Sat Aug 11 2018

Short nice walk. Some turtles, a couple of squirrels and some birds. Did not see any alligators.

Wed Feb 21 2018

Pretty mellow. Not very well kept. Saw some garbage and when we picked it up, the trash can was locked so we just had to set it outside. Our girls caught (and released) a little frog which was exciting to them.

Thu Feb 15 2018

Beautiful weather for a short hike. Saw three large alligators in the two canals.

Fri Dec 29 2017

Nice short walk. I saw a pair of bald eagles, I believe they have a nest nearby.

Fri Jan 04 2019