Tunica Hills C Trail is a 3.6 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near St. Francisville, Louisiana that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, nature trips, and bird watching and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 3.6 miles Elevation Gain: 311 feet Route Type: Loop

Offline map is recommended. Users have reported that the trails are not marked well. Well marked with orange blazes. About 1 mile in north along a stream (feet may get wet) then an arrow (easy to miss) points to the right back into the forest for about a mile to the east, and then back south along an atv trail and along the road back to the trailhead. If it has rained you may need AWD to reach the trailhead.

Great trail! Well marked! Beware of mosquitoes and horseflies.

The trail itself wasn’t bad, but horse flies are RIDICULOUS!!! They swarmed us. Go when it’s cooler or wear long pants/sleeves and bring spray.

it was a very beautiful seen. we did get lost and had to climb a 100ft hill. it is very easy to get lost if you don't pay attention to the markings on the tree. the sand beds are beautiful. just don't stand to long you'll sink . alot of spiders and tight squeeze spots on the trail but besides that. we had an amazing trip. ready for another trip soon

When you get to the creek bottom The creek splits and you don’t know which way to go. Encountered quick sand and sank past knees, got lost and ended up hiking 12 miles on a 3.7 mile hike. The only redeeming thing was I saw a large canebreak rattlesnake which was other worldly! Poorly marked/maintained trail!

Soft sand in the river area, 1 steep hill to descend. The trail connects to C12 and we took the road back to the trailhead.

Very fun trail. I was a bit unsure if my Honda Civic was going to make it up the muddy dirt road leading up to the trails BUT, thankfully it did. Trail C was a nice hike - steep in some places and the bugs were unbelievable if you stopped moving. A few times down by the creek bed the trail was hard to follow, not marked too well, but nothing that left us stranded and unsure where to go. Beautiful Fungi - Vibrant - Photographed Well Saw Black Bear & Wild Hog Prints down by the creek bed which was cool. Clark's Creek is the Waterfalls - Not Tunica Hills. Alot of hikers kept asking where the falls were. PLEASE PACK OUT WHAT YOU PACK IN - THE AMOUNT OF TRASH OUT THERE WAS SAD.

Steep in some parts, and you walk a good ways through the creek bed over and under trees. Path not clearly marked.

There are no pets allowed on any of the Tunica Hills Trails. There are signs posted everywhere.

There are no pets allowed on any of the Tunica Hills trails

Love the walk through the stream bed.

Decent trail for what it is. Not much scenery outside of walking on river bed, which was nice. Areas with brush and fallen trees on trail

Great trail! I did this today with my husband and our 3 kids. The first part of the trail is along the creek bed. It’s quite wet & boggy at times but easy to get through. I would just recommend wearing waterproof hiking boots. A really nice trail over all. We saw & heard lots of wildlife.

FYI - if you don’t like banana spiders and chiggers then this is not your trail. Also this is NOT the trail that leads to the waterfalls....we went about a mile down it and there was way too many banana spiders and their webs in the middle of the path to continue on. Came out covered in red bugs. Thank God we met some other ppl apparently as lost as us and we all figured out we were meant for TUNICA FALLS in Mississippi around 18 minutes away not this trail. Good luck to anyone in search of this and a deeper appreciation for spiders.

Very pretty. A couple of steep hills. Mostly easy walking. Completely shaded with little airflow. Take plenty of water if you are hiking in summer months.

wouldn't recommend taking small children unless you plan to carry them

Mon Feb 25 2019

perfect

Wed Dec 26 2018

It was a little hard to follow as reception to my gps cut out and the trail marking was confusing at the river bed. I walked through the riverbed and found the continuation about a mile later. It’s wonderful to disconnect from technology, but I’d suggest printing a map of the area as the stands near parking don’t provide them. Waterproof boots suggested. Happy hiking!

Sun Aug 26 2018

Narrow road to the site. No signs along the way. First part of the hike was in the creek bottom. Feet will get wet. No waterfall.

Fri Jul 27 2018

Nice trail during the winter months. I went on January 10th, and it was a great day for hiking. No bugs, no other hikers, trail itself is clearly marked with blazes and junction/waypoint signs. Only 1 'steep' hill, with the wet leaves and clay soil it was pretty slippery and ended up sliding down on my butt for about 20-30ft. Northern Louisiana geography is much nicer than southern Louisiana. No swampy/marshy areas, at least during this time of the year. Probably wouldn't hike this during the summer months as it would be miserably hot and the bugs would eat you alive, just my guess. YMMV.

Sat May 12 2018

Wasn’t sure which trail to take. No maps or information in the boxes at each trail. Chose trail C. It is a fun trail but we did not see waterfalls which was the initial reason we came. The best part of this trail was when trail went along the creek. Your shoes will get wet but it was fun. Found 2 ticks on myself during the hike. Took 2 hours to do the loop. Enjoy! I hope to come back and do a different trail to see the waterfalls.