St. Matthius Church Trail [PRIVATE PROPERTY]

St. Matthius Church Trail [PRIVATE PROPERTY] is a 4.8 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Shreveport, Louisiana that features a great forest setting and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and mountain biking and is best used from January until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

private property

PLEASE NOTE: this trail is on private land and the bank that owns the property has stated that anyone found on the trails will be trespassing and violating the law.

Not really able to rate the trail considering it was closed.

So why is this listed as a trail if it's on private property and we can't hike on it? Just doesn't make any sense to me to have it listed if we can't hike it!

Great ride

Trail was perfect, accurate and very well maintained!

Went on a ruck 12/27/2016
The trails are back open.

Went to ride on 11/4/2016 to see a sign stating the following :
TRAIL CLOSED !
( church not responsible for trail closure property owners are. Meetings about to happen ).

This is a great trail with lots of cover. I walked this trail on a 95 degree day and really wasn't that bad with all the trees covering you.

My 2 year old and I hiked the 4 mile loop today. It was beautiful and not too hot for late July given all of the wonderful shade.

A hidden gem. Took my five year old daughter on the kids one mile loop and we had a great time. I'm looking forward to completing the larger loops. The trail is shady, which helps with the heat. Very well kept and clean. Looking forward to visiting this trail often.

Thursday, May 19, 2016

Wednesday, May 04, 2016

Sunday, April 03, 2016

My husband and I hiked this trail with our 7 month old in an ergo carrier and we loved it! The trail is very well maintained and has nice changes in elevation. Beautiful forest and shady- we will defiantly be hiking this again soon! Good job Kevin the trail keeper!

Sunday, March 27, 2016

The fiancé and I really like this trail. We bring our lab and he really likes it too. It's very well maintained and peaceful when you get further into the hike. It's a great workout!

Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Great trail. Love coming here to hit the trails. Quick, well marked and maintained as always. A great day. Thank you.