Red River Orange Trail

Red River Orange Trail is a 1.7 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Bossier City, Louisiana that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Sunday, March 12, 2017

Nice trail for an easy stroll. Lots of pretty scenery and plenty of places for bird watching.

Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Well kept trail but the orange trail is only .8 of a mile. I'll share a picture of the map.

Tuesday, October 11, 2016

We were a bit confused by the names of the trails on this app. It might have just been me or maybe they swapped colors on the map. The length of the trails didn't match the colors on the map they had available.

Either way it was BEAUTIFUL. We just loves it. My kids had a great time and saw a lot of neat thins. Another thing I thought is mentioned is the facility itself. The bathrooms were nice and clean and there were stations inside displayed the many different parts of wildlife in and around the Red River. It was fun and educational!

Monday, May 30, 2016

Really enjoy hiking these trails. Very easy trails to follow and hike, and very peaceful especially for being near the city.

Wednesday, May 11, 2016

The orange trail is great for a super-easy afternoon hike. My dog and I often take this route, especially this time of year when the yellow trail gets a little muddy. There's a really neat chickasaw plum forest-of-sorts through the middle of it, where the ground is sandy. There are (quickly decaying) signposts marking various types of trees. It's almost perfectly flat, and grassy parts are mowed regularly, though you should keep an eye out for snakes since it's so close to the river.

Sunday, October 09, 2016