Monkey Trail

Monkey Trail is a 6.5 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Keithville, Louisiana that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

great scenery. hard uphill and rewarding downhills.

Decided to go Herping (searching for reptiles) on this trail and ended up finding 3 snakes, millions of lizards rustling in the leaves, 10 frogs, 1 toad but no turtles. However, I still enjoyed myself and the beautiful scenery and spotted many different types of butterflies, which is a sign of a healthy Eco system. At the beginning of the trail I could hear weird sounds which turned out to be the chimpanzees at Chimp Haven. I eventually came across paw prints and poop that didn't belong to a dog so I found that interesting as well. Completed the course right under 3 hours! P.s. MANY SPIDER WEBS

Beautiful trail. Loved it!!!

we loved it!

I pick this trail up on travel from Maryland; it was wonderful wish I could take it home. Clear course but can be a little deceptive on the back end. If you're not familiar with the course you could possibly add a couple of miles to that 6.5. Enjoy it!!!!

Still trying to figure out my blister issue, but got in about a 7 mile loop. Some hiking trail, some bike trail, some horseback trail. Really enjoyed it.

Going back to finish what a blister cut short. Really liked the trail.

Was a good clean trail . Follow the red markers for biking .