Monkey Trail

Monkey Trail is a 6.5 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Keithville, Louisiana that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

very pretty and pretty clear path. Loved hearing all the chimps while walking. my only complaint is they need more signs along the paths.

Great moderate morning hike!

We really enjoyed this trail. Us being newbies we kept having to refer to the map on here and found ourselves doubling back a lot at first. Then we discovered following the red markers led us to longer than 6.5 miles LOL. it was fun we had a blast, we will be back. Only saw one snake the whole hike.

great scenery. hard uphill and rewarding downhills.

Decided to go Herping (searching for reptiles) on this trail and ended up finding 3 snakes, millions of lizards rustling in the leaves, 10 frogs, 1 toad but no turtles. However, I still enjoyed myself and the beautiful scenery and spotted many different types of butterflies, which is a sign of a healthy Eco system. At the beginning of the trail I could hear weird sounds which turned out to be the chimpanzees at Chimp Haven. I eventually came across paw prints and poop that didn't belong to a dog so I found that interesting as well. Completed the course right under 3 hours! P.s. MANY SPIDER WEBS

Beautiful trail. Loved it!!!

we loved it!

I pick this trail up on travel from Maryland; it was wonderful wish I could take it home. Clear course but can be a little deceptive on the back end. If you're not familiar with the course you could possibly add a couple of miles to that 6.5. Enjoy it!!!!

Still trying to figure out my blister issue, but got in about a 7 mile loop. Some hiking trail, some bike trail, some horseback trail. Really enjoyed it.

Going back to finish what a blister cut short. Really liked the trail.