Longleaf Vista Interpretive Trail

Longleaf Vista Interpretive Trail is a 1.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Cloutierville, Louisiana that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

wheelchair friendly

scenic driving

Beautiful trail! Well marked and there’s a lot to see. The only down side is that I went after a day of rain and the trail was muddy/sandy in some areas. Overall a great trail that’s easy for anyone to hike and it shows the diversity that the Kisatchie Forest contains.

It’s a beautiful easy hike, it doesn’t take a whole lot of commitment of time or equipment, perfect day hike

Favorite place in Louisiana. I’ve been going here since I was a kid.

First time hiking this. Our dachshund came along with my husband and me and was easy enough even her. If you’re not in great shape, it’s definitely better to take the right hand side of the trail. You have steep steps, and a lot of them, going down. We lucked up taking that path, I would have died had I had to come up them at the end of the hike lol.

Great place for a short hike with some of the most rugged terrain in Louisiana and the only place you’ll see sandstone boulders in the state.

Awesome little hiking trail and very nice outdoor rec area. Always a good time.

Nice trail ..Good to see vegetation and trees returning after forest fires...back about 30 years ago there were huge beautiful pines and wild jasmine and honeysuckle. The vistas are beautiful and peaceful...

Monday, May 30, 2016

It has been the best trail in Louisiana so far. Hilly terrain with amazing views for Louisiana.

Sunday, October 02, 2016