Longleaf Vista Interpretive Trail

Longleaf Vista Interpretive Trail is a 1.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Cloutierville, Louisiana that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

wheelchair friendly

scenic driving

Well maintained trail with plenty to see. Two Butte formations and a little waterfall are the highlights of this trail.

it was a easy trail. enjoyed it very much.

My daughter and I walked the trail today and had a great time. It was a little muddy and over grown in places but not a problem. With a bad knee, I wish that the stairs had hand rails. Most of the trail is paved. Some beautiful views and overlooks plus a small waterfall. As a bonus, there are an excellent picnic area and facilities at the trail head.

Great trail. We took our family and had a great time exploring. Lots of stairs and rocks to climb! Paved most of the way.

Gorgeous hike! Will definitely visit again during later fall and winter. I saw 2 black widows during our hike which made me a little wigged out because we are stoping with our dog to have water and they were not happy with us being in their territory. Always stay alert especially if you’re hiking this one in the hot, humid months.

Really enjoyed the scenery on the trail. The 1.5 mile hike was perfect for my 10 year old daughter. Great location for a family outing.

We were surprised to find terrain like this here in Louisiana! The short 1.5 mile distance made it a perfect hike to take our 10 year old daughter on.There was a rocky stream bed with lots of shade to rest under about half way down the trail. The sandstone outcrops were fun to climb on. Very beautiful, was definitely worth coming out!

We were surprised to see terrain like this here in Louisiana! The short 1.5 mile distance made it a perfect hike to take our 10 year old daughter on. There is a rocky stream bed with lots of shade to rest about halfway down the trail. The exposed sandstone outcrops were fun to climb. Definitely worth it!

Such a nice little starter hike! There are beautiful views from sandstone outcroppings, a meandering stretch through pine forest and a damp hike through lowland with a couple small creek crossings. And all of that within a two-mile stretch. Definitely check it out!

An easy hike except for some of the steeper parts, but those mostly have stairs. Can be very hot and is largely exposed to the sun, so best enjoyed in the cooler months. Really some of the best scenery in Louisiana and only a few minutes from the I-49.

Good short trail with a great view you wouldn’t think exists in LA. Recommend for young kids or people with physical limits.

Beautiful trail! Well marked and there’s a lot to see. The only down side is that I went after a day of rain and the trail was muddy/sandy in some areas. Overall a great trail that’s easy for anyone to hike and it shows the diversity that the Kisatchie Forest contains.

It’s a beautiful easy hike, it doesn’t take a whole lot of commitment of time or equipment, perfect day hike

Favorite place in Louisiana. I’ve been going here since I was a kid.

First time hiking this. Our dachshund came along with my husband and me and was easy enough even her. If you’re not in great shape, it’s definitely better to take the right hand side of the trail. You have steep steps, and a lot of them, going down. We lucked up taking that path, I would have died had I had to come up them at the end of the hike lol.

Great place for a short hike with some of the most rugged terrain in Louisiana and the only place you’ll see sandstone boulders in the state.

Thursday, September 14, 2017

Awesome little hiking trail and very nice outdoor rec area. Always a good time.

Monday, April 10, 2017

Nice trail ..Good to see vegetation and trees returning after forest fires...back about 30 years ago there were huge beautiful pines and wild jasmine and honeysuckle. The vistas are beautiful and peaceful...

Monday, May 30, 2016

It has been the best trail in Louisiana so far. Hilly terrain with amazing views for Louisiana.

Saturday, August 12, 2017