Longleaf Trail Scenic Byway

Longleaf Trail Scenic Byway is a 17.2 mile point-to-point trail located near Provencal, Louisiana that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for road biking and scenic driving and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Point to Point

scenic driving

scenic driving

Used to love riding around the whole area both the ranger district and the logging roads in my jeep with the top down. Miss those days. The main road and several others are the only ones paved. The dirt roads in the district are taken care of really well. Don’t go on the logging roads without 4 wheel drive though.

This is not a trail. It’s just a long road in a forest. I’m not sure if I’m missing something but I drove for miles and it was just a road. We were very disappointed.

Friday, February 24, 2017

Nice trail loved the elevation changes. Much different than most of louisiana.

Monday, August 15, 2016

Hiked this trail yesterday in the rain. It was a little muddy but held up well. Really good scenery for LA. This trail isn't too long or difficult, and my 4 year old walked the first 1/2 mile and back. There are some other trails in the area that you can tackle, which may make the drive more worth it.

Monday, October 05, 2015

My family and I frequently hike the Longleaf Vista Trail. The trail is carefully marked and easily accessible. High bluff overlook scenic longleaf pines and large rocks protrude the ground. There are several creeks that run over/near the trail. Great during fall with lots of foliage and a nice cool breeze.