Lake Fausse Pointe State Park Trail

Lake Fausse Pointe State Park Trail is a 5.8 mile loop trail located near Jeanerette, Louisiana that offers the chance to see wildlife. The trail is good for all skill levels offers a number of activity options.

Really nice trail that I have done in the past. I went there today to have a nice little day hike and when I got there I found out all trails and overnight usage of the park is still closed steaming from the floods last year, seems like they should have had that cleaned up by now.

Thursday, June 16, 2016

It was a beautiful trail to hike. We even saw a mother armadillo and some babies! The only downside was the mosquitos. We did this trail in the end of May, so that was to be expected. though. Especially in Louisiana. It has a small/ medium hill, but other than that the trail was very easy. Great short hike!

Friday, May 13, 2016

It was a fun hike with 2 adults and a dog! Swamp hike, that can get a little muddy at times but very clearly marked and easy terrain. Chances to see wildlife but be careful and watch for snakes. $3 entry but it was a decent enjoyable time!

Friday, April 29, 2016

Really really cool park, perfect for wildlife lovers!

Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Great short swamp style nature trail with several primitive campsites!

Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Friday, January 02, 2015

Very nice trails and good scenery.

Thursday, March 27, 2014

I second the wildlife comment! We saw an owl, a deer, an otter, and plenty of ibis, birds and squirrels. Stayed in a cabin there once before, a couple years ago, and saw several alligators in the lake. Nice leisurely walk and very well-maintained. Wanna take my bike there next time; it'd make for a super fun bike ride.

Saturday, September 28, 2013

Nice trail.

Tuesday, May 08, 2012

<3 the trails here... great for kids too. There are 3 different trail lengths to choose from. And plenty of wildlife. I've seen deer, owls, and much much more