Lake Fausse Pointe State Park Trail

Lake Fausse Pointe State Park Trail is a 5.8 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Saint Martinville, Louisiana that offers the chance to see wildlife and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and nature trips and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 5.8 miles Elevation Gain: 29 feet Route Type: Loop

As of June 2018, some users have reported that hiking trails at Lake Fausse Pointe State Park are closed.

Trails were marked well. Lots of snakes though. Started out biking but ended up walking the bikes.

glad the trails are open again! it was nice, clearly marked trails. great introduction to Louisiana's wet land. in spring, with kids, the cottonmouths were a bit scary. i know to expect snakes, and don't typically fear them. But having kids with us, and the snakes hiding under the grass on the side of the trails made us on edge. we saw 2 in March. one we spotted and gave it room. stomped our feet to encourage it to move, and it did. the other, we unknowingly passed it and it struck at my husband who was last in the line of hikers. without kids, my worry would have been less. But with kids, i was worried. maybe I'd consider this kid friendly in the winter when you can see the ground everywhere. But spring made me nervous!

paddle sports
Monday, May 28, 2018

Recently made a trip to Lake Fausse to canoe and hike. The canoe trails were pleasant but we learned that all the hiking trails were closed due to flood damage...which occurred in 2014. If you’re looking to hike look elsewhere.

Monday, December 11, 2017

Consists of 3 loops. Have to take the bridge over the small canal to get to the island. Nice trails with some wildlife. There is a lookout deck for people to sit and see the lake.

Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Really nice trail that I have done in the past. I went there today to have a nice little day hike and when I got there I found out all trails and overnight usage of the park is still closed steaming from the floods last year, seems like they should have had that cleaned up by now.

Thursday, June 16, 2016

It was a beautiful trail to hike. We even saw a mother armadillo and some babies! The only downside was the mosquitos. We did this trail in the end of May, so that was to be expected. though. Especially in Louisiana. It has a small/ medium hill, but other than that the trail was very easy. Great short hike!

Friday, May 13, 2016

It was a fun hike with 2 adults and a dog! Swamp hike, that can get a little muddy at times but very clearly marked and easy terrain. Chances to see wildlife but be careful and watch for snakes. $3 entry but it was a decent enjoyable time!

Friday, April 29, 2016

Really really cool park, perfect for wildlife lovers!

Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Great short swamp style nature trail with several primitive campsites!

Friday, January 02, 2015

Very nice trails and good scenery.

Thursday, March 27, 2014

I second the wildlife comment! We saw an owl, a deer, an otter, and plenty of ibis, birds and squirrels. Stayed in a cabin there once before, a couple years ago, and saw several alligators in the lake. Nice leisurely walk and very well-maintained. Wanna take my bike there next time; it'd make for a super fun bike ride.

Saturday, September 28, 2013

Nice trail.

Tuesday, May 08, 2012

<3 the trails here... great for kids too. There are 3 different trail lengths to choose from. And plenty of wildlife. I've seen deer, owls, and much much more