Hodges Gardens Loop

Hodges Gardens Loop is a 6.2 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Florien, Louisiana that features a lake. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking, trail running, and mountain biking.

Half of Hodges Gardens is already inaccessible while they're in the process of closing down completely. It was nice to walk around the other half, but that area is no longer as well maintained as it used to be.

Mostly paved wouldnt exactly call it a trail, but make no mistake this place was beautiful and is more than worth checking out.

Saturday, September 17, 2016

Saturday, September 17, 2016

Flowers are pretty, trails extremely overgrown. The park ranger we talked to was a first class A-hole. There were some locals here wearing rotary club vests, doing some kind of high school running event that were very rude as well. Maybe it's just the area.

Saturday, February 06, 2016

Beautiful gardens and man made paths. Geese, duck, bird, deer. Several trails were closed due to forestry burn. Long lief pine trail was overgrown. Wild azalea trail wasnt marked well either as we ended up on a closed path with dangerous bridge. will try again in the spring

Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Best trail by far I have been to. We went a little off trail bc we heard water and discovered a 7-8ft waterfall. All of the flowers, campsites, canoe renting, etc was available. Strongly recommend to take a day out and discover this place

Wednesday, October 14, 2015

I ran by the lake for a while and it was nice. When I ran some of the trails in the woods i got turned around because of trail closures. This could have been marked better.

Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Incredible scenery.

Friday, July 08, 2011

I think its a great trail. I rode around Hodges garden which is a 5mile loop.