Learn more

Ford Park Loop is a 1.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Shreveport, Louisiana that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and bird watching and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 1.6 miles Elevation Gain: 39 feet Route Type: Loop

wheelchair friendly

stroller friendly

Ford Park is an easy walk around with the latest swamp areas, fishing, and a frisbee disc golf course. This area is great for kids.

Very nice park (and, yes, it is open... for now). This is not a trail, per se. You will be walking on the same asphalt loop that all motorized vehicles drive on when entering the park, so you're basically walking on the street. The park is divided by a residential street. The east side of the park has a 3/4 mile loop; the west side has a 0.4 mile loop. Both are relatively flat and easy to walk. Plenty of parking spots, picnic tables, pavilions and shade trees all along the trail. The west side fronts Cross Lake and even has a fishing area, along with nice views of the marina to the left and I-220 in the distance crossing over the lake.. The only downsides were the boardwalk that is photoed on the banner-head is gone, and the old railroad and fire engines are in a horrible state of decay. But for walking/exercising, the loops are great.

I'm hoping someone knows how long before Ford Park will be open. I'm new to this state and I'm alone. I want to find somewhere close to my house to walk my dog. I found him on Hearne Ave and I want him to have somewhere to walk, he's still a young boy, lm guessing about 8 months old? The dog park is closed and I just don't want to keep driving to the Wildlife Refuge 20 minutes away. Thanks for your help.

Sat May 18 2019